Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's, what company has the best repo front fenders for a 1967 SS. I need a pair and can't find any used oem one's so I'm stuck with the aftrermarket. Thanks Terry

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Good luck, they all suck for the most part, you will have to fix the headlight bucket area on all aftermarket ones that's for sure.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
67 fender headlight bucket

So what's wrong with the aftermarket headlight buckets? Sounds like this has been a problem for for quite a while. Can't those people tune up their tooling if there's a problem? Terry

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy II nova Hardtop
3,895 Posts
Good luck, they all suck for the most part, you will have to fix the headlight bucket area on all aftermarket ones that's for sure.
This has been corrected with the new AMD fenders. I bought mine five years ago and the buckets worked fine. The problem arises when you buy "new" fenders from a questionable source as there are still hundreds of these NOS defective fenders floating around with suppliers trying to get their money out of junk...

·
Registered
193 Posts
That's the first I've heard that AMD fenders fit well, good to know. Only heard bad things about aftermarket 2nd gen fenders.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
67 Front fenders

I'm going to take a chance and order 2 AMD, I think they are stamped by Dynacorn. Terry

·
Registered
547 Posts
I was just wondering the same thing and saw this thread. I've determined for the price of new fenders, it's not worth my time trying to cut out rust and fix up the original fenders I have.

Started looking, and it looks like several manufacturers have them for similar prices. Is AMD the one to go with???

Also, is anyone familiar with a good rear quarter lower patch panel? I'm only finding full quarters for the 62.

·
Registered
928 Posts
This has been corrected with the new AMD fenders. I bought mine five years ago and the buckets worked fine. The problem arises when you buy "new" fenders from a questionable source as there are still hundreds of these NOS defective fenders floating around with suppliers trying to get their money out of junk...
Pragmatist do you still have the receipt for those fenders, they fit great, does it list a manufacturer? AMD's site only lists a fender that they sell for the 67 being made by X PARTS. I called them a couple years ago when I was looking for one and they said they did not make one and sold another brand. They state if they make it will state AMD next to it. It would be nice to know who made yours because it fits perfect. On a side note did you install it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New AMD 67 fenders

Got my new fenders, looked at em to make sure they weren't bent in shipping.

The fit of the head light bezels is so bad I can't believe it. And I have 3 pair of real GM one's. I'm ready for the nut house. When I call Sumitt I know I'll be the first guy with this problem, if ya know what I mean. Anyway I can't bolt em on yet the car is on the rotisserie so it's going to be awhile before I can figure something. Maybe take em down to Kindig for a few thou. and have them fix em.
Anyway that my story so I'll quit ranting. Terry

·
Registered
928 Posts
Got my new fenders, looked at em to make sure they weren't bent in shipping.

The fit of the head light bezels is so bad I can't believe it. And I have 3 pair of real GM one's. I'm ready for the nut house. When I call Sumitt I know I'll be the first guy with this problem, if ya know what I mean. Anyway I can't bolt em on yet the car is on the rotisserie so it's going to be awhile before I can figure something. Maybe take em down to Kindig for a few thou. and have them fix em.
Anyway that my story so I'll quit ranting. Terry
That's what I thought, they are not AMD fenders, it's an off brand sold on their website. Pragmatist I think your body shop probably fixed the headlight bucket area for you.

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy II nova Hardtop
3,895 Posts
That's what I thought, they are not AMD fenders, it's an off brand sold on their website. Pragmatist I think your body shop probably fixed the headlight bucket area for you.
I know for a fact they didn't. I had already bought fenders from several places. I went through this nightmare and I can tell you what's happening is these crap fenders are still being pawned off because they are new and the sellers can't get their money out of them until they find someone willing to settle for them. Whenever I would find a pair I would pull out my bezels and check the fit. The AMD fenders slid right in. To this day I can call my local hot rod body shop and he will tell me he has a brand new pair of fenders ready to bolt on. When I tell him who I am he admits it's the same fenders he tried to sell me years ago. If you are buying new aftermarket fenders check the return policy or prepare to get screwed. Also take a bezel wherever you go.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts