Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll! New to the Nova scene. Im coming over from the Import scene (Had a mid 9 second Eagle Talon). Parted it out and picked up a 63' Chevy 2 Ladder bar big tire car from Connecticut. Kid i bought it from didnt know anything about it motorwise, Supposedly has a 383, sounds healthy! Its got Dart 215cc aluminum heads and a Brodix intake manifold on it. Been going through it the past few months and making it 1000%!!
This is how i got it

This is how She is now

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,805 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! That's a sharp looking Chevy II... and looks like a blast to drive!
Please keep us posted on any future updates.

·
Premium Member
1970 Chevy Nova - Work In Progress (M22, stroked small block, etc. etc.)
162 Posts
Welcome to the USA Iron side!! Respect to the imports where due though... but Welcome nonetheless!! Sweet ride! Convo-Pros do it justice!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Love the car and look forward to seeing what you do with it. Are those widened rally wheels in the first picture?

·
Registered
961 Posts
welcome!

those have to be the absolute deepest rallye rims known to man. wow!

stock front end?

-Rusty

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
5,113 Posts
Welcome to SNS . . . . . and a very Nice Chevy II , you have .

. . . . jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
welcome!

those have to be the absolute deepest rallye rims known to man. wow!

stock front end?

-Rusty
Yeah they are widened to 12" they look vintage cool but wanted a more aggressive look.
Yeah stock front end, Just did 90/10 Calvert shocks and just updated the strut rod setup to this.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Yeah they are widened to 12" they look vintage cool but wanted a more aggressive look.
Yeah stock front end, Just did 90/10 Calvert shocks and just updated the strut rod setup to this.
View attachment 418802
Should take a wheels-up launch a bit better on the landing now! Nothing like blowing the shock and tower out on the first run of the day... :p (y):coffee: And with those meats in the back (rollers in the pic?!?), you should hopefully see some good traction too! You running any traction device back there (besides the tires... LOL)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah Its got a Ladder bar/panhardbar setup with a Spool in the rear with 3.89 gears, went with 33 spline Moser axles, Viking Coilovers and ditched the rear drums for some Wilwood disks.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
NICE!!! One question, you sure those wheel studs are long enough for those convos? (Might not pass tech at the track... depending on what class you run and your ET... Just a thought...) Great choice of parts though and well executed to boot! LOVE IT!! My first Nova was a '62 II back in the '80's. My first love of any car and it always will be. Your car is one of those that make me smile from ear to ear again like the first time I took my 1st gen for a ride... to see someone trading in the Mitsubishi/Eagle for the Chevy! And not just any Chevy!!! (y) (y) (y) Just AWESOMENESS!!!!!

Some light reading :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NICE!!! One question, you sure those wheel studs are long enough for those convos? (Might not pass tech at the track... depending on what class you run and your ET... Just a thought...) Great choice of parts though and well executed to boot! LOVE IT!! My first Nova was a '62 II back in the '80's. My first love of any car and it always will be. Your car is one of those that make me smile from ear to ear again like the first time I took my 1st gen for a ride... to see someone trading in the Mitsubishi/Eagle for the Chevy! And not just any Chevy!!! (y) (y) (y) Just AWESOMENESS!!!!!

Some light reading :)
Haha Thanks man!!! I love this car already! I got it and she was pretty rough, It was defintly an old build and needed the updating and i just went crazy and bought everything brand new. The wheel studs were a thought afterwards and i figure ill cross that bridge when i get there. I want to get it to the track and do some motor passes and see where it sits. I just installed a Nitrous Outlet STINGER Plate on it too :) Id assume 10s on the bottle? Im excited to see how she does!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
That's awesome! The plate should give you a good hit of "extra" where you need it. Can't wait to hear how it goes down the track!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's awesome! The plate should give you a good hit of "extra" where you need it. Can't wait to hear how it goes down the track!
Im gunna hit it with a 150 shot for starters then if its still together towards the end of the season ill throw the progressive 300 on it and keep jetting up until it pops haha Then the 434 can go in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts