Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My name is Grant, originally from OZ, been in Hong Kong for 15 years.

I have an Ultima GTR with a 580hp Magnacharged LS2 - that's here in Hong Kong.

I also have a 65 Tempest, which lives at Jeff Schwartz's shop in Chicago. We built it for Power Tour this year and left it in the USA so I can come over and do track days'n'stuff.

http://www.schwartzperformance.com/projects.aspx?projectid=27

I drove Jeff's 1000hp twin turbo Ultima from Racine to South Bend on Power tour.... I am now totally fixated on twin turbos.

Currently looking for a 63-63 2 door hardtop. Its going to get a Schwartz chassis/suspension/brakes like the Tempest and a twin turbo LS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep.. it sure is.... Jeff did a great job

Jeff drove it in the Car Craft Real Street Eliminator 2 weekends ago and took out the per '80 class.

I like this shot of it mid-build.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, I enjoyed the link to the build of your Tempest, did Jeff have free reign over the styling or did you have some input too, I really like it. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the site!:yes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeff put together the engine and trans package for my Ultima in '05. I did Power Tour with Jeff in his Ultima in 2006. I tried to get back in 07 and 08 but was too busy with work.

At the end of March this year I started thinking about PT again. My 40th was in June so I thought i'd give myself a treat and do PT.

I called Jeff and he was keen. I said I might buy something to do the tour. He said he had a Tempest sitting out the back... and we hatched a plan.

We have similar tastes in cars, so I asked him to come up with something he'd like.... he came back with a drawing in a matter of days and it was exactly as I imagined. The idea was "barebones, black and badass".. he definitely hit the mark.

The project started early April and was done for power tour!!

... I think you guys are going to dig the Nova he's gonna build me.

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
Hi Grant!

I think I've seen your Tempest on Pro-touring and Lat G!

That is one badass machine for sure!

Jeff sure knows his stuff! I actually had talked to Jeff about doing my Nova build but he was too far away from me since I wanted to be fairly hands on with the project so I went with Ironworks Speed and Kustom out of Bakersfield California. Check out the build from the link in my sig.

I'm sure Jeff will build a badass 1st gen for you too!!!

John

·
Registered
759 Posts
:welcome:TO STEVES. THOSE CARS LOOK FANTASTIC. HOPE YOU FIND THE RIGHT NOVA. CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THAT ONE DONE. :cool::chev::thumbsup::waving:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!

Very nice cars, I could only imagine what the nova will look like or run like.

Miguel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts