Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone,

I am sort of a new guy on this forum. Signed up a while ago, just have not really done much. My son (17) and I are new boots to the classic car ownership. I bought him a 1972 4 door Chevy Nova last X-mas with the intent on eventually rebuilding it and restoring it. Obviously it will be his school car for now.

A little history on the car. Paid 2 Grand for it. It had/has a 250 inline 6 that freaking blew up on the way home from purchasing the car. This was last December. Its been sitting in the garage since. We pulled the old motor out and wanted to rebuild it, but it was trashed. Fast forward a couple months. A generous Navy dude ended up donation his old 250 inline 6 to us for free. I did't know anything about it, but we took it all apart with the intent on rebuilding it.

My problem is this. I do not know enough about cars to know if its worth a rebuild or worth buying one that has been rebuilt. I have no idea how much a machine shop will charge and or what the rebuild will cost. Our funds suck, so I am in the middle of trying to sell some collectable baseballs to offset the cost. Does anyone know a rough guess on how much money I will need to get this bad boy up and running?

My second problem/question is this. If its too much to fix, I will probably just try and sell the Nova and find a running car so he can find a job and earn money for school/college. Anyone know off the top of their head how much a 1972 4d Chevy Nova without an engine could fetch?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Me and my dad are doing almost the same thing, you can check out his account Novatwins for more information and I hope to see more updates about your car

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! Hopefully you'll get some answers to your questions. But whatever you do, enjoy the time spent working on the project with your son. Life is too short, and anything can happen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts