Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dale and I whipped up a new 3" system for my temporary engine install (my good headers use the Stahl pattern) It's overkill for this puny 350 but........
The headers are ancient 1 7/8" Hookers with 3 1/2" collectors going into 3" single chamber Blowfasters and a system made from tubing I picked up from vendor scrap at SEMA in Vegas.
(I always check with the guys doing demos of tubing benders)
Here are pix of what we started with, and what we ended up with.

BTW, when I get the engine back together, this system will be available.....

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
71SS said:
Nice Job!!
One question though, Why did you have the outlets pointed at an angle inwards?
I "think" it helps the car be quieter...the sound waves coming out the tips hit each other and sorta cancel some of the noise out...that would be my guess anyway...

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why did you have the outlets pointed at an angle inwards?
Some claim the opposite side's sound wave kinda cancels out the other; I agree with Dale about the need for them to be pretty close to accomplish that.

Did you cut the mufflers in half???
Nope, those are single chamber units; not much to em' kinda like almost no muffler!!

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
HA !!! yeah, i see yer shadow all the way up here ;)

SO, yer smellin' sumpin' ??? musta been the BS ??? ;)

it looks real nice Dale, as always... yer quality work speaks for itself (no smelly stuff wit dat one) :D

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Trash to treasure, that's what I'm calling it! Look at the old welding on the Flowmasters, now wonder they were soooo loud on that '56 I had them on! You can see the soot comin outta the holes in the welds! One thing Mike did not mention about how he got those tubing bends at the SEMA Show was that if I'm not mistaken, there was a huge bunch of the bends on the floor but they were in long pieces, and Mike I think was looking for someone with a Sawzall to hack them up small enough to fit in the trunk of his Honda!:D But his cheapness paid off- he has a new temporary system for almost nothing. Almost. I think it's a good idea to hang around SEMA 'till the end. Two years back, NOGO and I had people handing us all sorts of freebie swag because they did not want to pay to have it shipped back home. I'm still bummed out security stopped me with those AFR's under each of my arms though!;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts