Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to remind everyone that the 06 New England Summer Nat's are June 29-July 2nd. We usually get great weather that weekend here in Worcester, MA and there'll be at least a few thousand cars in the show. There's controlled burnouts on Main St. every night, OPEN HEADERS all weekend, fireworks on Saturday and plenty of hotel accomodations in the area. I may rent a booth to show off my renderings, come by and say hi! Hope to seem some of you there, it's a great time!

There's usually a ton of Novas, but there can never be enough!

Check out their website: www.summernationals.com

Ben
____

·
Super Moderator
7,177 Posts
Hey Ben, I checked out your website, and, as an artist myself, I'm very impressed with your work! I'm still an old-fashioned guy, and still paint with oils on canvas, but I love the airbrush and digital work! If I get to Greenhill Park, where will your booth be?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't know yet, I may avoid paying Mascoffian the $300 to register. We usually sit under the trees at the base of the tallest hill (way in the back), 200 feet from the burnout pit. I'm 6'2" 240 with brown spiked hair and a goatee and I'll be wearing a white Tshirt with my logo all over it anyway. Just grab me, I'm sure my head will be spinning that weekend!

Thanks for the compliment. A lot of my current clients request the digital stuff similar to McBride, Brockmeyer and Horton. I never miss a chance to get back to basics with the good 'ol markers, chaulk and paint. I like to be able to see the artists brush/pen/marker strokes. You do some very impressive work as well, I always enjoy the cartoons you post. I avoid drawing people like the plaque.

See ya theyah!

·
Super Moderator
7,177 Posts
If I get there this year, I'll look you up. Last time I was there, I was parked on the side of the big hill near the top, and when leaving, almost slid down the side! My Nova was stuck in gear, and it took about 14 guys to physically carry the Nova up to the stone walkway, and had one of the skinny guys shimmy under the car to release the jammed linkage so that I could drive it out of there. It's a great show - but I don't think I'll bring my vehicle again, unless it's a 4-wheel drive!:D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That hill is awful, we usually drive up there with my buddy's black 68 Camaro SS and park right on the street across from the entrance to the hill. Unfortunately we have to be there by 6 AM each morning to get a good spot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts