Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh ya, the new engine is in and running, we just went through the cam break in. BB's fit with the tranny attached, it's tight,but we did it! All went well too!! 408, 9.5:1 LS6 steel heads with 2.19 valves, Air gap intake, 850 holley and an M20. It may need a smaller carb though. I went for a quick ride around the block and it feels great, I need to change the oil, and tires now, then go burn some fuel, man am I happy!!:yes::yes::yes:

Oh of coarse there are lots of pics!:yes:

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,040 Posts
Looking good. I have put SBC in a studebaker, street rod fords and a ton of chevy II's but the one thing I have never done is the bad boy big block. I got to do one of those some day.

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
So Paulie....where is the video so we can hear it running....huh...huh....:eek:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So Paulie....where is the video so we can hear it running....huh...huh....:eek:
Well, I actually have my priorities in order, for a change! I need an external DVD drive, because my camcorder has no direct hook up, but I spent the money on the Nova instead!:devil:LOL!!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Glad you got in running, looks good. Are those tall valve covers? didnt thing they would clear the booster with a BB. Nice car too!

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you got in running, looks good. Are those tall valve covers? didnt thing they would clear the booster with a BB. Nice car too!
I have to change the gasket and I can get an 1/8" clearance, the cork ones are to thick and it's real tight. I wanted to buy a set from the new BB like the 572, but they're $900 up here!:eek:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts