Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a edelbrock 1406 600CFM 4BC to replace my holly 4150 650CFM 4BC that was FUBARed. Im installing it now, I know where the PVC hose goes, i know where the fuel line goes, but i cant figure out where the vacuum line goes. The line thats from the distributor goes into one of the 2 ports on the front of it. The manual says to put it on the drivers side, because i have an automatic tranny. and then i should plug the passenger side up. And i hook the brake line to the back of the carb. thats all fine, but i have a hose that orginates from under my car, probably my tranny. where does this line go? it was originally on the front fuel bowl of the carb on the bottom. I have a 350 engine with automatic 350 transmission.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I hooked my tranny vacuum line to a fitting on the intake manifold just behind the carb....

pops

·
Registered
761 Posts
there are two large vacuum ports on your carb. One in front and one in back, the one in front is for PCV and the one in back is for your power brake booster. The tranny vacuum line typically connects to a port on the manifold, not the carb. (there should be some type of tapped hole that leads into the manifold runners)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts