Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought this 64 yesterday ,its just a roller but i'm going to put my 572 and powerglide from my 69 camaro to go racing this summer......:devil:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Very nice. What's it weigh?

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
very nice!

next time get a Purple one!:devil:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i'm not mistaken it weighs 2500lb with BB and 250lb driver thats what i was told by the previous owner,i could'nt find a purple one so i bout this one....:yes:

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
I would be very surprised if it weighs that light unless it's all chromoly and glass or carbon fiber, etc. Maybe without driver. I could be wrong but that sounds very light. Let us know.

Congrats on the new car...very nice piece. It should be a fun car with your drivetrain. Send more pix once you get it ready to rock.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i should be installing the motor and trany tomorrow,its has the fiberglass front clip,doors,trunk lid,mild steel cage certified to 8.50 for nowits missing a couple of bars for the 7.50, aluminum floor.....

·
Registered
391 Posts
i should be installing the motor and trany tomorrow,its has the fiberglass front clip,doors,trunk lid,mild steel cage certified to 8.50 for nowits missing a couple of bars for the 7.50, aluminum floor.....
you the man!......

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
That's a nice looking ride you have there. It's probably mild steel tubing. Looks like it was all mig welded. 2500lbs will be close. Add the bars and get it recertified. NHRA needs their $150. Unless you're getting it for IHRA. Then it's only $75. Wish you many, many safe passes. Dave

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
taking it to the chassis shop in a couple of weeks for the 7.50,i sat in it yesterday and yes its way different from what i've been racing with the seat way back in the cocpit,i'm going to lisen to the roar of the motor making low 8 sec pass...:eek:

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
man

just bought this 64 yesterday ,its just a roller but i'm going to put my 572 and powerglide from my 69 camaro to go racing this summer......:devil:

i tell ya it hurts to look at this beast , it sits alot like my old car did , but it was only back-halfed ,,, applying for some Obama stimulus as we speak to get our company back going ,,,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just finished sweaping and moped the garage getting ready to pull it in the garage to install the motor in the morning but you know how that goes i'll be on it as soon as it hits the garage floor hahaha,i bet the wife is getting mad if she has plans for this evening....:devil::eek:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts