Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up last night for $600. My goal is to run 10.50's on a 26x8.5 tire and stay street legal. I'm looking into just how to get there and the best bang for the buck.

Here she is, 74' hatch 3 speed on the column/350 car...but it's a roller now. It does have new power disk brakes and a 4.11 8.5" 10 bolt. I've got lots of work to do!!!:yes:

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big block or small block? Naturally aspirated or power adder? Pump gas or race gas?
pump gas...power adder, not sure about big or small, I've got both at the shop that need to be built...If I go automatic I'm thinking glide...not set on that yet either.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seeing 4th gen's in the 10's just does not look right lol.

I would go BBC on spray.
I think it'll look pretty mean all flat blacked out.

I've got a cheater system that'll go to 250 but i'm not sure I want a "bottle fed baby". In the end some kind of forced induction might be less money and help with longevity.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dam fine lookin automobile !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!!!!

I had a buddy in high school that had one all blacked out. He had a 2 4bbl 396 in it...it ran away from my Supra like I was pullin' a camper behind it! LOL!

Always liked the 73-74s since then...

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Nice score.....................BUT!........................What happen to the TA your
were looking at? And my I suggest PRO CHARGER.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice score.....................BUT!........................What happen to the TA your
were looking at? And my I suggest PRO CHARGER.
The guy backed out on me.:mad: He said his brother in law came over to help him pull the engine and trans and said he was interested in the car. So he makes me wait 10 days or so while his bro in law figures out if he can afford to do the car or not! I passed up some pretty good cars in the meantime and almost passed up this one. Anyway, He called me Monday to tell me that his bro in law was going to get the car after all...:rolleyes: really pi$$ed me off but what can you do? The dude will never do that car, it'll end up sitting in his freakin' garage forever. If he can't afford a $2500 car how is he ever going to build a good combination to race?????

Yeah, I was thinking maybe ProCharger or single turbo. I need about 550hp to the ground from what I'm reading. That's a fairly mild 468 with boost.:devil:

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
The guy backed out on me.:mad: He said his brother in law came over to help him pull the engine and trans and said he was interested in the car. So he makes me wait 10 days or so while his bro in law figures out if he can afford to do the car or not! I passed up some pretty good cars in the meantime and almost passed up this one. Anyway, He called me Monday to tell me that his bro in law was going to get the car after all...:rolleyes: really pi$$ed me off but what can you do? The dude will never do that car, it'll end up sitting in his freakin' garage forever. If he can't afford a $2500 car how is he ever going to build a good combination to race?????

Yeah, I was thinking maybe ProCharger or single turbo. I need about 550hp to the ground from what I'm reading. That's a fairly mild 468 with boost.:devil:
In that car I would try and make 600-640hp to go low 10's IMO. But on that TA deal I would have told him "I have two car's I am looking right now. I need to know one way or the other". But that is just me. I don't like guy's who make me wait. Especially when I have cash in hand. I usally just don't deal with them at all.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In that car I would try and make 600-640hp to go low 10's IMO. But on that TA deal I would have told him "I have two car's I am looking right now. I need to know one way or the other". But that is just me. I don't like guy's who make me wait. Especially when I have cash in hand. I usally just don't deal with them at all.
Me either, I normally would have told him where he could park it...but it was such a good deal that I needed to wait. I could have parted that car and doubled my money easy for what he was wanting for it. Oh well, it worked out anyway...plus I didn't end up with a Mustang so waiting for that car kept me in a Nova.

Wow! 600-640??? I'm initially shooting for 10.50...

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Me either, I normally would have told him where he could park it...but it was such a good deal that I needed to wait. I could have parted that car and doubled my money easy for what he was wanting for it. Oh well, it worked out anyway...plus I didn't end up with a Mustang so waiting for that car kept me in a Nova.

Wow! 600-640??? I'm initially shooting for 10.50...
Well depending on weight and if you can get traction you should be able to go low 10's at that HP number....give or take. Also are you going to run a T-brake?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well depending on weight and if you can get traction you should be able to go low 10's at that HP number....give or take. Also are you going to run a T-brake?
It'll be on a slick with tractions aids and suspension mods like CalTracs etc
I'm thinking foot-brake.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats a heck of a find for $600. Here in Ohio that car would be wasted with rust.
Good luck with it.:yes:
thanks, you've gotta love southern cars! My 72, although more expensive, had absolutely no rust anywhere. Both cars spent their whole life here in Atlanta.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts