Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let you guys know Im getting a set of tubular upper control arms next week to test out courtesy of CPP. I will do another "fancy" write-up for everyone as soon as I get them installed. I look forward to testing them out!

FYI- I am unsure when these arms are actually going to hit the market, but Ill be sure to let everyone know if I find out.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FunkyNova66 said:
I'm with Dan! Let us know how it turns out Bryan.:beer: Still like the lower set up right?

Dave (pacing):D
Yup- the lower setup works bitchin! I dont know what(if anything) the upper arms will do, but Ill find out soon enough!

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
NOGO said:
Yup- the lower setup works bitchin! I dont know what(if anything) the upper arms will do, but Ill find out soon enough!

ahem... maybe ya can get an upper and a lower kit for Dale...

that way there'll be a HI-PO test ta go with the NOGO test :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Bucs01 said:
Man, I am VERY interested to hear about this. I just read the article in Super Chevy about this kit 7/06 issue. Looks great! Of course I would rather it be black in color......
I'd second that vote. Given that my entire undercarriage and suspension is black, the thought of throwing a silver powdercoated setup on there is the only drawback I can see.

If CPP is still reading this thread, how about offering two different colors? Black and silver? :)

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My new upper arms are here! Im going to try to install them in the next week or two.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NovatoriusRex said:
The spring perch mount holes look to be slotted so that someone could use either the OEM type or the Mustang II type. If that's so, neat feature. :D
You are correct! The bracket also has two additional holes perpendicular to the spring perch holes for coilovers.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bucs01 said:
Just out of curiosotity. Does anyone know why the parts are painted grey opposed to black?
The guys at CPP told me that grey is their "signature" color. I would prefer black, but to me its not worth the trouble to strip and re-powdercoat the pieces.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
NOGO said:
The guys at CPP told me that grey is their "signature" color. I would prefer black, but to me its not worth the trouble to strip and re-powdercoat the pieces.
The recent Nova Times article mentions painting them black, over the powdercoat, before installation. I've heard that powdercoat is a decent base to be painted over. While not ideal, would the NNN steer us wrong?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Oh, heck you can paint over the powder coating, no problem. I just scuff it up a little and shoot it. I just wondered why they were grey and not black is all. Being in the front/under the car it just makes a huge difference to some. I always think about it like a house color. House- You can't go wrong with white. Undercarriage parts- you can't go wrong with black. ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ohh, no...more things to buy...LOL - looking forward to hearing how they come out, mainly if you can feel a differance....

I've had the whole lowering A-arm set up with 1.5 lowering springs along with the 4 wheel power disc brakes..just waiting to finish up my floor install and a little help from a buddy to install it....will let you guys know how it turns out......Heck ill be the trial guy if their discounted or free...:)

Richard

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
It is a very nice conversion. Installation is straight forward, and performance is vastly improved. We will be doing an install/tech article in the near future to post on our website. CPP put some thought into the upper arms to accomodate both standard coil springs, or coil-overs.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Anyone have pricing on these yet? I assume you can run these with stock lower arms / strut rods too, right?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts