Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ever since i bought my nova the owner told me that the spring coli on the driver side is broken and i believe the passenger side is as well but im planing on replacing all 4 springs and shocks all around..im wonder cause when i drove it around and id make a u turn my tires would rub when the car would lean it would made a sort of rubbing sound..is that cause of the shocks being really crappy and the springs?

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I don't think your coil springs are broke. If they were, the car would be on the ground. Rubbing could be from a lot of things. if the springs and shocks are so week they can't control body movement, it is possible they are rubbing. Especially if you have an iron headed V-8 on 6 cylinder springs.

Other things can cause it to rub as well, such as incorrect rim offset and oversized tires. Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think your coil springs are broke. If they were, the car would be on the ground. Rubbing could be from a lot of things. if the springs and shocks are so week they can't control body movement, it is possible they are rubbing. Especially if you have an iron headed V-8 on 6 cylinder springs.

Other things can cause it to rub as well, such as incorrect rim offset and oversized tires. Can you post a pic?
right now i believe i have 215/70/15's in the front gotta double check, but ya on u turns it rubs a lot and even when getting out my drive way it makes rubbing sounds so not sure if this sounds like crap shocks or springs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts