Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself. Been lurking on this site for a week or so now. I live in Thornton Colorado and I just turned 40. I'm a computer engineer for a living. I have two Nova's currently. I have a 71 Nova that I have owned since 1991. I just picked up a 1968 Nova last week. Boy have things changed since I built the 71. When I started the restoration/rebuild of that car, there was no internet, no ebay, no craigslist and no forum boards like this. It's really nice to have this resource available as I start down the road to saving this 68 Nova. Here are a couple of pics of my cars.

71 Nova

71 Nova engine

New project 68 Nova

250ci???? of screaming (or smoking) straight 6 Chevrolet HP. :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
WELCOME TO STEVES! thats a very nice 71 you got there and that 68 looks like a great start on a new project!:yes: seems like there are alot of those straight 6 novas layin around! haha i picked one up my self and have been working on her!!

good luck with the 68 and keep us posted as the build goes!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Love that 68. Great find. Much nicer than the majority of project cars here in the northeast (unless you like the rusty look). Post some pics as it comes back to life.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
I can only say Welcome and WOW! Nice cars. Keep the pics coming or there are a few characters who will bug you to death . OK ,OK I might be one of them. Shoot us some numbers on what your car runs.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can only say Welcome and WOW! Nice cars. Keep the pics coming or there are a few characters who will bug you to death . OK ,OK I might be one of them. Shoot us some numbers on what your car runs.
Thanks. I'll be posting pictures as we make progress on the 68. The 71 has run a best of [email protected] That was in the thin air of Bandimere Speedway in Colorado. Elevation 5800ft and DA on that day was over 9500ft.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
The 71 has run a best of [email protected] That was in the thin air of Bandimere Speedway in Colorado. Elevation 5800ft and DA on that day was over 9500ft.
Welcome to the place. That is a nice 71 Nova U got there. Tell us a little more about that motor. I see U got Nitrous on it. How much R U spraying. How many cubic inches is the motor

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do you plan on doing with the 68?
Just planning to build a clean street car. I miss having a car to drive on the street. Hoping when it's all said and done for it to be a 396ci, 4-speed, 12-bolt car. Got a free 396 donated to me last week. I've got a buddy with a complete M-21 setup that he said he would sell me. Got a long ways to go but it should be a fun father/son project.:)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the place. That is a nice 71 Nova U got there. Tell us a little more about that motor. I see U got Nitrous on it. How much R U spraying. How many cubic inches is the motor
Thanks, the 71 is a neat car for sure. It's powered by a 550ci BBC built by PKRE. The motor makes 1075hp on the motor and then we have sprayed as much as 500hp through a single fogger. The car has a total of three stages of nitrous on it but we have only ever used one at at time. It uses Edelbrock 24* heads and a profiler intake. We were in the process of getting it sorted out when the GM GEN 6 gave up the ghost. We have a new dart Big M for it and hope to have it back out next year. The car was built to run a local heads up series as well as PSCA and WCHRA drag radial classes. I believe the car has 7.90's in the 1/4 mile in it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
:welcome:TO STEVES. GREAT PLACE TO BE. LOTS OF INFORMATION HERE. LIKE BOTH YOUR CARS. :chev::thumbsup::waving:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts