Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, im brand new to this site, and pretty much to the Nova scene...

I've been saving a whole lot for a project like this and am finally ready to begin. Though, i need a lot of help and would be grateful.

I am planning to buy a 67 nova...but got questions..

1. First of all: what is the differences between a 67 Nova and an SS?

2. Would a 502ci or a 540ci be able to fit in the bay without much alteration, with the inclusion of a procharger supercharger? (i am planning a slight cowl hood).

3. To be able to harness that power, im planning a 9 inch Ford rear with a 4:11 rear and a Richmond 6 speed. Basically: what else would i have to replace/upgrade/modify to be able to have the car operate smoothly?

4. Would i need to mini tub the wheel wheels to fit in 17 front and 18 rear?

5. I'm sure most of you have seen the Year One Nova which is set beautifully, at a stance like that, what do most of you use in suspensions and front and rear clips to handle better?. (also would power steering unit fit in under the hood too?)

and Finally :eek: just outta curiosity, anyone have any pics or done sidepipers with 66's or 67's?

Thanks a whole bunch.. I know its plenty of questions, but i just had to ask or i'd never learn... Thanks a lot...

Jason B

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
1. Its a rectangle/square thing. An SS is a Nova but a Nova is not necessarely an SS. SS is an option package for the Nova. Now a ChevyII would not be an SS. Do a search and look for threads on the differances of body styles and you'll see. Or go here and do some reading. http://www.novaresource.org/

2. No.
3. Nothing really. Just as long as it fits.
4. Depends if that is Height or width.
5. I'll be keeping the suspension basically factory and should be fine.

Side pipes? Naw, they might look cool but expect a little flack about them.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I believe **** Harrell used the Corvette side pipes back in the day......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts