Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, went to cecil tonight for the hell of it. First time since i got the timing correct and it actually worked.

Last time i went i ran a 14.44 at 96mph with a 2.33 60ft (only stalls to 1500 and no posi with 3.08's)

Tonight i ran a 14.24 at 98mph with a 2.37 60ft (spun off the line) still only stalling at 1500 and still with no posi and the 3.08's.

Hopefully i will get my posi and my 3.73's in soon and really see if that wakes it up, 13's here i come!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah, can't imagine what it would do if it actually had some decent parts on it and a good tune!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good job. Peg legs are a pain in the rear :)D), ask me I know. :cool:

What tires are you running right now?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you never know you may have a beast and you dont even know it
Thanks, lol crappy cooper street tires, they are 225/60/15's on the rear

If i could get that 60ft down a little i could maybe hit a high 13 on this setup but i don't see that happening unless i put the posi in or get better tires.

After i left the track and got back onto the main road, i looked around and no one was there so i decided to do a first gear pull from about 35, smoked the tire to 6000rpm (normally will only hold first to 5500) then shifted into second and spun all the way to about 5000!!! its never done that before!!!

Well hopefully i can get the gears and the posi in soon and i guess i will need some sticky tires, then hopefully my buddies 200-4r will be going in if i can get a converter and all of the extra stuff i need to get it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts