Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,852 Posts
mdla, Are you launching it from an idle or holding it at what RPM?
The suspension loaded up before you launched. I will watch it again.

Look at the LONG video (the one from street fire.net) I sent you and look at my suspension, you can see that I did not have the best 60ft on the clock when my suspension loaded up and moved like yours just did. But when I launched from an idle, and I mean punched a hole in the floor board kind of stab on the load pedal, I managed some of my best 60 fts... one of them in that vid was a 1.49. My car launches harder and 60fts better from an idle.

Nice looking car by the way.....:yes:

· Registered
1,852 Posts
I decided to stay with the open spacer because I had my best time and mph with it. And the very next run the 60ft almost equaled the best of the day.

I went with the 3.73's because I drive it to and from the track, about 70 miles round trip, mostly interstate. Some 4.11 would probably work a little better, I just don't know if I could live with that. (This from a guy who's daily driver in high school had 5.13's).

I'll definately be working on the carb next. I'm not sure when I'll get back to the track yet. It might be a few weeks.

After reading this my suggestion would be happy with mid 11's, not many cars can run those times and still drive 70 miles round trip to test and tune.
Keep the gears, adjust the carb and have fun!

If all else fails, put a single stage plate kit 150HP and touch the tens with good 60ft.

Dude, that is an accomplishment. I did not know you drove it like that! WELL DONE! :yes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.