Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replaced all the aluminum panels inside the new Nova and redesigned the tunnel with 2 panels so it's easier to remove.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already got more projects than I got years left to finish......LOL

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you have great skill man
Thanks for the kind words and I do OK but my work is seldom perfect in every way like a pro would be. Pictures hide errors and opps.....LOL. But anyone with money can hire someone but for better or worse I enjoy doing my own work if I can do it. It's just very rewarding to me.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I have to ask Joe? I look at pictures after pictures and I see the same thing. You do clean nice work like the others here on this site! Now do you clean the shop and take pictures of what your working on? Or is this how you really work? My shop does not look anything like this :(

David :cool:

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found long ago that a clean area lets you work faster and easier. If I tear stuff apart it gets messed up bad like everyone else but I try to pick up and put stuff away the best I can.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Same here! My brother often asks if I do my work at another shop because of the cleanliness of my shop at all times...I would say its cleaner then most shops when its actually dirty!

I can't deal with bins of tools and parts randomly everywhere... If I take a half hour during the completion of a project to organize and clean tools and sweep the floor, I know where everything is and I don't get stabbed in the head or back when laying on the floor! lol!!!

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a job at a Ford Dealership in 1965 and the guys all use to laugh at me because I could get dirty and need to change uniforms just standing at the parts counter waiting on a part. The older guys never seemed to get dirty even working on nasty jobs. Somehow you just learn how to do things and not totally trash the shop and yourself......LOL. I was working on the T/S Nova making new top shock mounts because I relocated the shocks and I had stuff laying everywhere under the car. Tig torch, foot pedal, drop light, plumb bobs, clamps, grinders, and hand tools. It was a mess. When I went out this morning at 8 AM the first thing I did was put everything away and sweep the floor before I even started today. When I got done earlier I picked everything up, swept the floor again so when I go out shortly to install the differential all I got to do is roll it under the car.

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
I keep my shop clean all the time also. I can't stand working in a dirty messed up shop. Part of mine is based on my dads habits, when he gets done with something it stays there until the next time he needs or uses it. His garage is a pig sty and you can barely walk through it.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Hi Joe,
Question for you, can the slip roller like you have in this photo be adjusted so that one end rolls a smaller diameter than the other end (tapper)? For example to make a trans tunnel? It looks that way in the photo, but its hard to tell for sure.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Ron

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Joe,
Question for you, can the slip roller like you have in this photo be adjusted so that one end rolls a smaller diameter than the other end (tapper)? For example to make a trans tunnel? It looks that way in the photo, but its hard to tell for sure.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Ron

Yes and that one is smaller on one end although it is hard to see. If you look at the pictures it might be easier to see, the middle panel has a good bit of difference in it. I bought those rolls for like 25 bucks many years ago and made longer SS rolls so I could do tunnels. They flex some but do a decent job for a do it yourselfer.....LOL.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks for the kind words and I do OK but my work is seldom perfect in every way like a pro would be. Pictures hide errors and opps.....LOL. But anyone with money can hire someone but for better or worse I enjoy doing my own work if I can do it. It's just very rewarding to me.
Spoken like a true craftsman. I also find it difficult to accept a compliment without trying to point out the flaws. Only in my case, there are a lot more flaws than your work shows. Doing our own work is more than just about saving money. It might not end up being the most aesthetic product but at least we will know how to fix it if/when there are problems.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Thank you for the great tip! :yes: I will make it a habit to clean up before and after and project I work on? I feel like a pig :eek: when I see my shop!

David :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts