Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
running a 355 11.5-1 isky solid rolller .642 lift jesel rocker shaft 6inch rods team g 1 inch spacer 950 pro systems carb with old 210 afrs flow [email protected] lift 556 hp 488 torque. want to upgrade to the new afr 210 comp ported heads they flow [email protected] lift and want to switch to the new afr titan txr intake i think i should hit close to 500 torque and 600hp with the new combo im only running a 2-bolt block and nothing was ever balanced not runnning any nos so i should be fine and run this engine at 39 degrees on c-12 fuel :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Are you guessing on you're HP specs? If those are real HP numbers you are about to have catastrophic faluire in the bottom end. I would spend my money on strengthing you're block,rotating assemblies and more cubic inches. RICK

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mbztech

i know lots of guys just running 2bolt mains with the same hp as long as there not spraying or running turbos and there bottom ends are still together:):)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
carcass drivetrain specs

hey carcass what do you got for running gear in your nova what do you run in the quarter:no::no:

·
Registered
328 Posts
If your not going to change the CID or the rpm range you run it will need a smaller cam to make more power. :confused:

If the heads flow more air then they need less time to fill the cylinders. Duration is nothing more than time.:yes:

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I'm hoping/assuming you have upgraded the rod bolts. That would be the first weak link in a stock bottom end I would upgrade.

Walt

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
I'm hoping/assuming you have upgraded the rod bolts. That would be the first weak link in a stock bottom end I would upgrade.

Walt
6" rods, I don't think it is a stock bottom end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts