Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home after being out of town for work the last few weeks and my new addition was waiting for me. I bought it from the East coast and have been a little apprehensive buying something sight unseen but it turned out to be as nice as advertised and then some. It's been a long search and today, I am a very happy may.

6.jpg 7.jpg

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,494 Posts
Congratulations on the new addition!... Awesome looking '67!

·
13,706 Posts
Super looking Super Sport! The '67 was a great way to end the second generation of Chevy IIs.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
3,840 Posts
Hey, why keep the secret? More pics, please. Great looking car, and it looks like it has all the hard to get stuff on it already. Classic second generation color, too, it's the way I have them in my head for some reason. That will give you a reason to go out and go to the bank or get the groceries. Or gas. Or just to drive to the end of the driveway and back.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Now that's one great looking SS. My ideal dream car right there. I tried hard to buy one of those when I was in high school and couldn't scrape up enough money. Congratulations!!

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Darn, i'm going have to figure out how to have something like that waiting for me when i return to my house!!!!!!! Oh wait.......... I"m stuck at home!!!!!!!!! oh well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!!!!!! hey really nice car. I have a tribute 67' and marina blue is my favorite color!!!!!!Congrats!!!

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Super nice '67!! I'm very fond of the 2nd gen Marina blue SS myself.

Reactions: KingofThings

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the compliments. I bought it from an individual in Florida. Reliable Auto Transport is still operating. and delivered it. Was listed on Hemmings. Previous owner bought it at a Mecum auction in 2012 and apparently didn't drive it much due to a knee injury. I'm really excited about it. Seems to be in great shape all around. Everything except the fuel pump. Just noticed it's leaking out the weep holes on the side. Couldn't find one at the local NAPA today. Very disappointing. It had an AC pump on it but I'm prepared to put anything on there for the time being. Meant to get more pictures today but got distracted with the fuel pump. I'm rambling. Sorry.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So what's the first thing a guy does with his new car? Jack it up and start taking things apart. Had to order a new fuel pump so while its sitting thought I'd look to see what's what.
Trying to decide if the engine is original. Casting 3791362, date code D 14 7, and front stamp pad is V0505ZA. Still has the recall cables installed that were to prevent the block from twisting if the motor mounts broke. I read about that on the Nova Resource site.

10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 14.jpg

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
You can get most of your questions answered at NovaResource - Nova Engine Codes. From what I see your engine is a 327 built on Apr 17, 1967. Put into service on 05/05. The ZA means it is 327 275hp with 4 barrel manual transmission. According to your data plate: 1st line - Your car was built in the third week of May (05C), sheet metal color was bright blue (G) (I'm not sure what the 8683 means but someone on the site will). 2nd line - Built in 67 (67) as a Chevy II Nova SS V8 (118), 2 door sedan (37). It was put together at Willow Run Michigan (WRN). 3rd line - It had blue buckets (737) Emerald Turquoise with a black vinyl roof (K-2). Unsure what the 2LR on the fourth line means (I think the L is for 4 speed), again there is definitely someone on this site who can explain what 2LR means.

·
13,706 Posts
Looks like the original engine. All 327 engine applications in 1967 used the 362 block. Fisher Body build date is 05C.... May 3rd week. Engine casting date D147......April 14, 1967 and assembly date 0505...May 5th. Engine assembly time frame prior to the production of the car fits.

Bob

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got home after being out of town for work the last few weeks and my new addition was waiting for me. I bought it from the East coast and have been a little apprehensive buying something sight unseen but it turned out to be as nice as advertised and then some. It's been a long search and today, I am a very happy may.

View attachment 404178 View attachment 404179
Love the car & color. Sold a 66 Vette Coupe a few years back and it was NassauBlue.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Nova Resource site is indeed a wealth of knowledge. Just decoded the rear end. It is a 12 bolt casting 3894860 NF. Date code is D 6 7. Numbers on the axle tube are FL 05 09 E. I figured out what everything is except the NF by the casting number. Appears to be the original axle as well. The more I look the happier I get.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts