Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm going to be needing "LOTS" of advise and help as I just got a 65 Nova as a project. I've wanted one for years and finally found a deal I couldn't pass up.

I got the car from Oklahoma and it arrived at my house yesterday - woohoo. I'm so excited. I'm located in Mt. Washington, Ky - which happens to be the home of Chevy II only - bonus for me. :D

I Can't wait to start asking for your alls advise and tips.

Here's a few pics of my find. most of the spots where it looks like bondo - is only where someone had sanded on the car - it's mud free.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to Steve's..........looks like a nice solid start to a great project:yes:
Hey thanks, My plans are Stock body and interior except a 2" Cowl hood. and a more modern drivetrain and the biggest rear rims I can fit. I "might" consider a mini tub in the rear if I can keep the backseat semi-stock looking.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
welcome!

love the old school slotted mags!!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Welcome to Steve's...Good luck with your '65 from a fellow '65 coupe owner.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Wow, it looks pretty solid too!

Welcome to the place for all your questions!:yes:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello Neighbor, That is A nice looking 65, glad to see another 1st gen owner from Ky. I live in Bardstown,so hope to see you around and if I might be able to help with anything,just let me know.

Bill

·
Premium Member
3,721 Posts
Welcome to Steve's!

I had to look at Mapquest to find Mt. Washington... :eek: I'm across the river from Ashland, KY (near Ironton, OH).

In any case, it looks like you have a very solid start for your project!

And, as you've already found out, this is one of the friendliest and most helpful places on the 'net :yes::yes: .

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys - are either of you going to the nationals next week?

I'm heading up on Thursday and staying through Saturday.

I'm hoping to make some contacts and take pics for ideas.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
WELCOME Great one more Kentucky boy. Was just up your way today going to Louisville to get some shots FUN FUN. WELCOME.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cool - I live just south of Louisville and commute to the ville for work and whatever else.

I need to find somewhere to get some work done I wanting. I Might need to get my wheels and tires first though so they know how much to tub and customize.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Welcome to the site i also am from Ky. Maysville Ky. i will be arriving to the Nationals on Thursday also see you there .

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
You need to hook up with this guy. His car is way cool a little slow hehehe but way cool. 63novatuckin20s

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome! I have a few of them and live just on the other side of Louisville.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts