Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After only 4-1/2 months, I finally brought my engine home today. It will probably be a couple weeks before it's running since I have the TKO-600 going in at the same time, but I'm hoping I've done enough planning & preparation to make things go smoothly.

The final dyno numbers were:

476.6HP @ 5700rpm corrected (454.3 observed)
483lb-ft @ 4600rpm corrected (461.4 observed)

If anyone cares to see it, I'll post the full data and curves when I get them scanned or get the data files from the builder. Considering I originally told them I wanted to build a 425HP motor, I'm pretty happy with the results.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
72Orange said:
WOW! Your numbers are nearly identical to mine! Better get some traction aiding devices :D
Yep, just like everyone always does I'm building this car from front-to-rear. It goes like this: build all the motor you can afford, then decide to get a better transmission, then realize you'll need a better flywheel and clutch, then worry like crazy about the rear-end and traction. I'm most concerned about bad wheel-hop, but I'm hoping that a really good set of leaf springs will help that, like maybe Detroit Speed, Global West, or Guldstrand springs that claim they can nearly eliminate wheel hop. I'm not too worried yet about breaking my stock 10 bolt 3.42 rear since I'll be running street tires and should never have enough traction to actually hurt the rear end. Long term I'd like to have frame connectors and Caltracs, but not for awhile. I'd have to sell a kidney to buy any more car parts right now.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
yer albums look nice... get 'em updated with more "new & improved" shots and give us a holler. ;)

ya Know we love pics !! :D

congrats on the new engine ;)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JohnnyRotten said:
yer albums look nice... get 'em updated with more "new & improved" shots and give us a holler. ;)

ya Know we love pics !! :D

congrats on the new engine ;)
Thanks! Yeah, my photo albums are WAY out of date. I intend to put photos of the engine build and Tremec install up once I'm done and have time get my pics organized.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LT1 CT said:
JTW, Was your runs on pump fuel or race fuel?
The dyno runs were on done on 93 octane pump gas.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
DriveWFO said:
JTW, what heads you running?
AFR 195cc street heads. They're the 74cc version (#1036), but with a surface cut which took the chambers down to 71cc. This calculated to 10.1:1 CR.

NOVACA1N said:
If you don't mind, What are the specs on the motor?
Here's the rest of the specs:
Bore: 4.035" bore
Heads: AFR 195cc (#1036) with 71cc chambers (10.1:1CR)
Valvesprings: Isky 8005-A (seat pressure:150, open pressure: 370)
Camshaft: Comp Cams XR282HR hyd. roller, 230/236° @ 0.050, and 0.510/0.520 in. lift (.544/.555 w/ 1.6 rockers), 111LSA, gound on billet core
Lifters: Comp retro-roller
Rockers: Comp Pro-Magnum roller, 1.6 ratio
Pistons: SRP forged
Rods: 5.7" Scat I-beam w/ 7/16" capscrews forged
Crank: Stock cast
Carburetor: Pro-Systems Holley 4150HP double pumper
Intake: Edelbrock RPM Air Gap
Ignition: MSD Billet E-curve, Blaster SS coil, Taylor 8mm wires

1 - 11 of 11 Posts