Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've technically had this guy in storage for about two years - but I'm finally making big progress on it. Replaced all the brake components, in the middle of re-wiring, interior is about 50% "restored" (needs carpet and seat covers and I'm done). I put in a th350, and am finishing up with a V8 swap (decent cam, vortec heads, headers - dyno'd at 376hp).

It's getting there.

·
Vendor
1,728 Posts
There you go! Another 4-door lives to see another day. Love it. Far too many ones worth saving have been parted out or left to rot.

Looks like original paint, is that the case?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There you go! Another 4-door lives to see another day. Love it. Far too many ones worth saving have been parted out or left to rot.

Looks like original paint, is that the case?
It is! It is very original, just severely neglected. The only thing missing I had to get for it were the hubcaps - but it still has the spare in the trunk, as well as the original jack kit.

·
Vendor
1,728 Posts
Good deal. So are you doing the interior and motor, leaving the exterior as-is?

Looking at the pics it is a 100 Series. That skinny trim piece along the rockers is pretty darn rare these days. Further proof how original the thing is. Love it!

·
Registered
546 Posts
awesome ride! love the color, too.

really appreciating the uniqueness of a four door. have seen exactly zero at local car shows/cruise-ins. never understood the vitriol thrown at them.

enjoy that v-8!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome ride! love the color, too.

really appreciating the uniqueness of a four door. have seen exactly zero at local car shows/cruise-ins. never understood the vitriol thrown at them.

enjoy that v-8!
I love four doors. Usually never any door-sag with a four door thanks to lighter, shorter doors! My 69 Impala, 51 Bel-air, and 73 Novas were ALL four doors!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good deal. So are you doing the interior and motor, leaving the exterior as-is?

Looking at the pics it is a 100 Series. That skinny trim piece along the rockers is pretty darn rare these days. Further proof how original the thing is. Love it!
I may end up with a new hood with a 2" cowl for clearance if I change this intake eventually... and am toying with the idea of painting it to try and match the rest of the original paint. I'm going to swap wheels and tires so I can get 15x7's in the rear and either skinny 15's up front, or some 14x6 steelies. Then I'll focus on suspension!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found a tach that fits, was decently priced and doesnt look too out of place! Since this was an ABSOLUTE NO FRILLS BASE MODEL - there was no clock there, just a blanking plate.

·
Registered
546 Posts
looks great!

any chance you can provide a link to that tach? need one to replace my latest swap meet tach said to work, but doesn't...

-Rusty

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,985 Posts
Nice ride. Is that cigarette lighter delete in the dash?

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
here's a place that sells the in dash tach. it says 63-65. so maybe the 62 could fit also.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks great!

any chance you can provide a link to that tach? need one to replace my latest swap meet tach said to work, but doesn't...

-Rusty

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
February update - went to go on the maiden voyage around the block... and the transmission wouldn't engage. Checked and double checked everything I could think of. Oil pump wasn't pumping. Purchase a used th350 out of a monte carlo thats "been rebuilt recently". Get it home and open it up to confirm and install a b&m shift kit. Then the fun part... removing the old one and installing the new.

Went ahead and installed subframe connectors, my home made strut tower brace, drive shaft safety loop and new u-joints. Now to get it inspected and start driving it.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,985 Posts
Changing a transmission on the side of the road can be a chore. Good job.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts