Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,
I got to say I am loving this site. But I need to reach out to my fellow canucks. Being form Ontario and having just gotten my '74 I went to the ministry to change the ownership. now this car has been parked for 8yrs, no tags or plates and the price was just right.
Back to the problem. The ministry says that I need to get an appraisal prior to them doing any work despite the agreed upon price between the previous owner and myself. I think its a little...well you know. Did you guys have to do this? there has to be a way around paying more tax. Besides, I literally have my commencement on Sunday so what ever money i don't have to spend right now works fine with me. Please advise what this newbie should do.

In the event that I dont have a loop hole to work with, are there some reputable appraisers in the the GTA or in close approximation that you have had experience with?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Unfortunatley that is the new rule in Ontario, when it comes to older cars.
Supposedly it is an effort to cut down on the cases of fraiud, and people evading paying their fair share.

As far as an appraiser goes, I use Lawrence Auto Appraisals.
Bill Lawrence is out of Port Hope, but he will travel to meet the customers needs.

You can reach him at (905) 885-2088

1 - 2 of 2 Posts