Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help! looking to upgrade my radiator with an aluminum radiator. I have a 68' 396 big block and i am not sure of which core size to get 2 or 3, what is a good brand, etc. Can anyone give me some insight?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Champion radiators I have a 69 camaro big block 3 core had to remove the mounting brackets but its 3 " wider than standard size. I wasn't real pleased with the trans cooler so I have a external cooler other than that I think the quality is good. There are better ones out there but ya better have a fat wallet !

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Need help! looking to upgrade my radiator with an aluminum radiator. I have a 68' 396 big block and i am not sure of which core size to get 2 or 3, what is a good brand, etc.
Champion radiators I have a 69 camaro big block 3 core had to remove the mounting brackets but its 3 " wider than standard size.
X2 I used the Nova Champion 3 core radiator for my 70 383. Very good quality, cools better than I thought it would (160*) even in hot weather and a great price. Jack

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
X2 I used the Nova Champion 3 core radiator for my 70 383. Very good quality, cools better than I thought it would (260*) even in hot weather and a great price. Jack
160* you mean I believe.

I have the Champion CC571 and it's a 3 core and fits my 72 like it came from the factory. :yes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Nova buddies for the info on radiators. It looks like champion makes a good quality radiator. I will let you know how i make out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts