Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im needing to pick up a few tenths so im looking for nitrous for a boost. I really dont have much knowledge about nitrous but im willing to learn.....Im looking at the nitrous express hitman kit.. i think its up to 200hp and thats all that i really wanna spray.. im also looking for a controller..My question is Is the hitman kit a good kit ??? and What is a good controller and timer?? If you guys know any good nitrous links and write ups please post em.... thanks and God bless

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
yes the hitman is a good kit. it will do the job as for a controller the nos "launcher " prt # 15975 is probabaly the best one its programmable to control up to four stages of nitrous you can also download up dates via the internet. or there is the cheaper mini nitrous controler prt# 15974 it to is programable but can only do 2 stages of nos. its basically how much you willing to spend. although you better have a stout bottem end to take the extra power also you need the extra fuel too. remember the power isnt in the nitrous its in the fuel. you probably wont need a controller just make sure you have good pressure ( 900 psi at the bottle ) use a good bottle heater and your good to go. make sure you use forged internals on your bottom end with hits above 150 i.e. pistons , rods , crank i would suggest running a purge valve to to keep that line free of air, also you may need to step down 2 sizes colder in plugs. and retard timing advance 2* per 50 hp

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
There are several credible vendors and everyone has their preferences. We run Speedtech Systems equipment and have been very happy with it. Don't "cheap out" on parts, nitrous is a very good power adder providing you use quality parts and use common sense. There are guidelines but your plugs will tell the real story on what's happening in your engine and what should be done to make them look correct. Too fat a tune is as bad or worse than too lean.

There are simple circuits using low cost Digi-Set timers if you want the ability to delay nitrous activation or bull blown controller setups. The digital ignition boxes offer a lot of flexibility for timing retards, step & gear retards etc.

There's an excellent web site that you can learn a lot about nitrous and probably take a lot of mystery out of it. There are a couple of the industry guru's (Steve Johnson (Induction Solutions) and Monte Smith (NOS) who frequent the site and provide a lot of support. Personally I probably would give Steve a call and let him guide you. He's very good at support and attends many races around the country.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
hey guys im needing to pick up a few tenths so im looking for nitrous for a boost. I really dont have much knowledge about nitrous but im willing to learn.....Im looking at the nitrous express hitman kit.. i think its up to 200hp and thats all that i really wanna spray.. im also looking for a controller..My question is Is the hitman kit a good kit ??? and What is a good controller and timer?? If you guys know any good nitrous links and write ups please post em.... thanks and God bless
lookin @ ur name, are u boosted??? if u are, why not more boost (pulley), or more timing & good fuel???? just wondering.....

JOHN

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the NX hitman kit. It is not installed yet, but the quality looks good. As for the controller, maybe you need one, maybe you don't. I am on a 235-60 drag radial and want to progress the nitrous out of the hole, so I got a controller. I went with a Schnitz 2 dial that was left over from my Hayabusa.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have been looking at many progressive controllers here the last few days. Coldfusion/edelbrock/nos ... which is the best??? and how do you wire the trans break button up to activate the nitrous.... thanks:)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
WOW which mod deleted my post? I asked a legit question and it got deleted. You gotta be kidding me:rolleyes:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lookin @ ur name, are u boosted??? if u are, why not more boost (pulley), or more timing & good fuel???? just wondering.....

JOHN
My car started as a street car. At one time it had a p1sc on it,now its just for use at the dragway:) A 548 BBc is in the car now:yes:

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I just put the bottle on my car. Like you I have limited knowledge but I'm leaning fast. I got the SpeedTech difuser plate for mine. Tried it last Sat but something in my electrical timing is not working. Tests fine, works on motor purge but not going down track on timer. While it sounds like a cheap power adder it will cost more than you think when you look at the total cost. You need bottles, extra pressure gauges, bottle safety vents, lines, valves, bottle mounts, heaters and the list goes on. It is cool but buying a kit is not the end of spending by any means.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can someone please explain to me how the trans break and the activation of nitrous works??:) i understand that a wot switch is used to activate the nitrous but what if your on the trans break with your foot to the floor??? i know this is dumb questions to most but like i said im new to racing and nitrous.....thanks and God bless:)

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
well nitrous can safely be applied above 2500 rpms so if you would have a controller start the flow after you released the brake say 1.00 into the run basically as son as you released the brake the nitrous would turn on helping your 60ft time but the contoller would only be at say a 5% flow until the car started to pick up during the run. they are also activated by an rpm activated switch to: so lets say you hit the t brake and mat the pedal your motor is bagging off the rev limiter set at 5000 and then the lights come down as you come out the hole the nitrous turns on at 5500 ( rpm activated switch ) and now you car is on its way down the track. some one else may have a better answer but this is how it was explained to me so sorry if im wrong

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
You can use a closed contact relay and energize it when the trans brake is on then when the brake releases the relay closes and completes the NOS circuit to power the solenoids as one way. I did that years ago and it works fine. If you run a delay box many of them have throttle stops features and various timers built in. That is how I power my system today. I have a Mega400 delay box and use the throttle stop timers. Lots of options. RM

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
You can use a closed contact relay and energize it when the trans brake is on then when the brake releases the relay closes and completes the NOS circuit to power the solenoids as one way. I did that years ago and it works fine. If you run a delay box many of them have throttle stops features and various timers built in. That is how I power my system today. I have a Mega400 delay box and use the throttle stop timers. Lots of options. RM
this is another way to i agree with him all the way :yes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts