Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to reinstall my windshield and back glass. What is the best way to go about doing this?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I thought there was a sticky with pictures and everything. But I havent done it to mine yet.

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
In a nutshell: After you place your rubber seal around the glass., you'll want to apply a small amount of 3M glass bedding sealer (comes in a tube that goes in a cauking gun) in the 'groove' in the rubber seal. Do NOT use a weatherstripping adhesive. Next, get a length of small diameter rope about as round as a pencil or slightly smaller. (camping tent rope works well) Soak the rope in a bucket of water. Fill in the seal all the way around with the rope., starting at the bottom & finishing where you started. Apply a bead of the 3M bedding around the car body channel where the glass/rubber sits in. Place the glass in., and while one person pushes down on the glass from the outside., another person removes the rope on the inside, taking care to make sure the rubber seal "lips" around the car body. Take your time, and follow each other along. When the the last of the rope pulls out., the glass should "suck" or "fall" into place. Re-install the stainless trim into the rubber seal groove on the outside......

3M Glass bedding: http://www.ketone.com/proddetail.php?prod=3M8509&PHPSESSID=d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts