Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took this on trade and im trying to figure out how much to sell it for because this is not what im looking for in my car.It's a hogan's racing sheet metal manifold for a sbc.It has adapter plates for demon carb setup, regular carb setup,an injection setup, and the guy told me its ready for nos if wanted..So it would come with 4 plates all together because on of them is on the intake.Im just trying to see what would be a good price to sell it for because i dont have a clue what to ask..Any info would also help alot towards me being acurate in describing it.Thanks alot

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also it could use a polishing but thats no big deal i'll do that, it looks way better than pics show.. Here's the plates - adapters

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Thats doesnt look like the high quality of a Hogan intake. Are you sure it is a Hogan???

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pro-touring72 said:
Thats doesnt look like the high quality of a Hogan intake. Are you sure it is a Hogan???
Actually im not at all positive, i took this in a trade with a few other things.The guy told me its a hogan's intake but i dont see any identifiable marks on it besides a small BR stamped into the aluminum.I ve been talking about this to some other guys on a local site,and ive heard " that dont look like a hogans to me" from most.The only thing i do know for a fact is that it is for a sbc, i seen it bolted on.I'm starting to think maybe i got duped..:confused: All in all i have about 7 bills into it now,Thinking it was a hogans it was a GOOD price.Now i might not even recoup my $$ without any info on brand.Im sending a bunch of pics to hogans to see if they can confirm or deny either way..Thanks

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Havent heard back from hogan's yet, i know they have wayy better things to be doing...I may just throw it on ebay with the little knowledge i have about it and just set the reserve at like 600 and see what happens(dont want to take too much beating and it would be awesome for someone).I'm sure i'll learn a whole bunch about it before the auction ends.Is there anything that i can measure that would help in the description of it?Does it matter that it was being used with dart heads or does that not tell anything?I would be interested in trading for other small block performance parts also..Thanks alot for your help guys

·
Registered
274 Posts
A hogan intake will have "Hogan's" machined in the valley plate if it's a later one, or if you turn it over and look at the underside of the valley plate there will be numbers eched into it. If it doesn't have either of those, it's not a hogan's or it was one of the first 10 or so ever done.
Just so you know, some of the other questions your going to get are-
made for what deck height?
what cylinder head?
runner taper?
runner length?
plenum dimension?
These are a few things you should know.
shawn

·
Registered
274 Posts
Runner length is a pretty easy one. Just take the top off and stick tape or ruler down the runner. The measurement is from the intake flange to the plenum entrance. Runner taper could be simplified by measuring the runner opening dimension at the plenum and the opening at the intake flange. Plenum volume is a little tougher to figure out without some trig. skills. If you have autocad or math program, you can measure the plenum dimensions and arrive at a volume in c.i.. Otherwise you have to do it the long way. When you set the intake down on a flat surface does the bottom of the intake flange touch the surface, or does the ends of the manifold keep it from setting flat? If it sets flat all the way around, you can measure from the bottom of the intake flange surface to the bottom of the runner opening to find out how much the ports are raised off of the deck surface. This will give you an indication of what cylinder head it fits.
shawn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts