Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used a Rick's Resto-Mod tank. RESTO-MOD TANK SALE! - Rick's Tank's
It cost a bit more than the others. However it's powder coated the corners are clipped for added exhaust clearance, a bit deeper for extra volume, it uses a factory pump that was designed to go for a lot of miles, it is internally regulated and does not require a return line. It's worth giving them a call. I had initially ordered a Aeroquip tank and when it arrived it look like it was second hand. Maybe I got one that was assembled on an off day.

·
Registered
1963 Nova coupe, Phoenix Arizona
1,953 Posts
I made my own surge tank like Shane suggested 10 years ago before anyone was making replacement tanks and retrofits. I ran it for 5 years with no issues. It ended up to be a lot of line , fittings and 2 fuel pumps. I switched to the Tanks inc. one much cleaner and simpler. I have a 400hp LS2 which is returnless so I just use the Corvette fuel filter at tank and has worked perfectly. So new powder coated baffled tank, the better type sender and the fuel pump for $575 with tax at Summit

·
Registered
72 Posts
ok
265FBF8E-654A-47AD-8F4B-4D9241C643EA.jpeg
has anybody considered a TPI?
86-91 corvette/camaro.
For about $900,
You can get throttle body, plenum, Manifold, runners, distributor, mass air, wiring harness, injectors, pressure regulator, fuel rail and computer.
Check ebay.
Corvette manifolds fit traditional Intake bolt pattern, Camaro fits splayed intake pattern.
Camaro has smallcap distributor, separate coil. corvette uses HEI, 7 pin module.
Both car types are set up for right frame rail Fuel line routing.
Only limitation is 6000 rpm.
But gas mileage is phenomenal.
Custom eprom required.

·
Registered
794 Posts
ok View attachment 407929 View attachment 407929 has anybody considered a TPI?
86-91 corvette/camaro.
For about $900,
You can get throttle body, plenum, Manifold, runners, distributor, mass air, wiring harness, injectors, pressure regulator, fuel rail and computer.
Check ebay.
Corvette manifolds fit traditional Intake bolt pattern, Camaro fits splayed intake pattern.
Camaro has smallcap distributor, separate coil. corvette uses HEI, 7 pin module.
Both car types are set up for right frame rail Fuel line routing.
Only limitation is 6000 rpm.
But gas mileage is phenomenal.
Custom eprom required.

There is no way I'd pay half as much for a TPI set up when I could buy the Holley Sniper system for around a grand. They are having their 20% off sale right now also.

·
Registered
72 Posts
But that’s a wet manifold system.
TPI has an injector at each intake valve.
Runners only port air.
No puddling or Dense fuel falling out of the Airflow in the winter.
Just saying.
Opinions are like belly buttons.
Everybody has one

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy II nova Hardtop
3,812 Posts
But that’s a wet manifold system.
TPI has an injector at each intake valve.
Runners only port air.
No puddling or Dense fuel falling out of the Airflow in the winter.
Just saying.
Opinions are like belly buttons.
Everybody has one
This is precisely why I went with the stealth ram system. There are plenty of articles lamenting the inability of a four barrel type carb/fuelinjection system to provide equal fuel distribution.
gils nova 001.JPG

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not sure but I have to get it out from behind the radiator! :unsure:
Maybe an aluminum box next to the radiator with a oval filter, aluminum tube that turns Into an oval at the filter.
That front corner is kind of hard to deal with.
On my 63, i cut out where the front license plate was in the bumper, and put a square filter/box there, then ran the tube Up next to the radiator With two elbows where the horn was.
Worked ok

·
6,312 Posts
Not sure but I have to get it out from behind the radiator! :unsure:
Add an extension from the rad support to the throttle body. This will shield the hot air from entering the air filter and into the engine. It should be at least 6" on each side of the filter too. Cooler air will travel above the rad support and be available for the filter to draw from.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts