Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, we just completed our 71, crate 350 ho, we used zoops underdrive pulley kit with power steering and alt only, 2 belt system. now i find out that these under drive kits may cause higher temperatures, we are running an electric fan and temperatures 190 on a cool evening to 200+-10 on 100 degree day. i was misinformed about the underdrive pulley kit when i bought it and now considering changing the whole pulley and bracket set up--------what are you guys running, i like the serpentine belt idea, but maybe a better quality kit, some pics would be great and feed back, thanks to all in advance, we visit here daily for your great advise, thanks louie

·
Registered
10 Posts
i used a serpentine low alternator from march and a 6blade fan with no clutch and non power pulleys this seemed to keep my big 400sb cool in my tight 66 engine bay

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i have the serentine march setup with the low mount alternator bracket as well....their peices are just AWESOME!!! highly recommended, but the only thing with the alternator is it really needs to be supported from the backside so you will need to fab up a bracket for that (zing the motor up and watch that bad boy flex:eek: )...its not cheap for the march kit, but it is cool, and as far as cooling i have a taurus fan and i think the water pumps are overdriven actually so it outta be fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts