Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a very fixable RF fender. I have not seen available doors in years. (pre '73) I may? have a piece or two of door side glass.
You might try Joe Vega, aka "azchevs" for the parts. He is primarily a 68-72 A body guy but sometimes has stray Nova / X body parts. Sierra Vista, SE of Tucson. Don't believe? he is on this site, but uses the "azchevs" avatar on the Chevelle site, the Buick site, etc.
Good Luck Dave S southern New Mexico

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a very fixable RF fender. I have not seen available doors in years. (pre '73) I may? have a piece or two of door side glass.
You might try Joe Vega, aka "azchevs" for the parts. He is primarily a 68-72 A body guy but sometimes has stray Nova / X body parts. Sierra Vista, SE of Tucson. Don't believe? he is on this site, but uses the "azchevs" avatar on the Chevelle site, the Buick site, etc.
Good Luck Dave S southern New Mexico
All I have found is 73 up doors. Drove 6 hrs to a guy's house that said he had a good door. When I got there he noticed it was 73 and up. That's my luck. My fender isn't terrible but needs several hours to fix issues. What is wrong with the fender you have and where are you located?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I did talk the other day to Joe V. He said probably not on the door, or LF fender. You can call him direct at 602-298-7090. Joe is in Sierra Vista. Have you tried Craigslist? It seems the "herd" has migrated over to "fackbook marketplace" but I don't know if everyone has. I personally dislike Zuckerburg, and the whole site.
I have seen '69-'72 doors on Craigslist in the last few years, in upstate New Mexico. Not efficient for me to go buy, and build inventory, simply too hard to find buyers, and actually make something. The NE corner of the state is close to 6.5 - 8 hours drive, one way. I don't know how to do a national search on craigslist, it seems setup somehow to prevent that. I would suspect the specialty yards - Desert Valley and CTC if they had such doors, they would be in the $350 plus each range now. I don't believe DVAP has much currently for popular '64 - '81 GM coupe sheetmetal, they were thin in that regard when I walked their main yard three years ago. Apparently, they have moved, farther N out of Phoenix metro, so they may be very scattered right now.
Regards
Dave S
dona Ana NM 88032
505-382-3022

1 - 4 of 4 Posts