Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've hit a road block as far as what to do with the trim, grill, rims, bumpers etc... I have all the pieces, but I'm not the biggest fan of chrome. I was wanting to paint all the trim black or gunmetal but everybody tells me that will take away from the car:((which was just painted jaguar pacific blue:eek:). I also wanted to go with fiberglass bumpers and either paint them body color, black, or gumetal:confused: I cannot decide, but I have to decide quick so any help is greatly apreciated. Keep in mind the handles, mirrors and marker light are all shaved as I like the smooth look:cool:.

·
Registered
597 Posts
That's a nice color, the jag blue! I'm personally a fan of the chrome and polished aluminum, that stuff is what sets the look of these cars apart from the plastic cars on the road today. The gunmetal may work on some pieces, but will darken the car a lot without the reflection created by the polished pieces.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a nice color, the jag blue! I'm personally a fan of the chrome and polished aluminum, that stuff is what sets the look of these cars apart from the plastic cars on the road today. The gunmetal may work on some pieces, but will darken the car a lot without the reflection created by the polished pieces.
Good point...Yea it might look like crap with body color bumpers and black trim...good thing i asked first.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I'm a fan of chrome, but I recently seen a few nice Novas with painted bumpers, so I wouldn't throw the idea out just yet.:no:

·
Registered
544 Posts
I like chrome bumpers and trim. When I was in high school I was into shaving everything and all the chrome around the tail lights and headlight rings, etc and painting the bumpers. I now hate it. Reminds me of the 80's and 90's look I believe when went for the pro street look and EVERYTHING painted the body color with no chrome. It is just my oppinion though but rememeber, its your car so make sure you do what makes YOU happy! :yes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
just my 2 cents, but i think is better the chroming look than the painted one, because it makes your car differ from the others just painted all around same color, with moldings and bumpers on chrome it looks really sweet......

:rolleyes::rolleyes::devil:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I would leave the trim since its stainless and just paint the glass bumpers body color, I think gunmetal or simular gray for wheels/grill would look nice with the blue.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I forgot to mention that to me it just seems like when someone paints the bumpers they are cutting corners or cheaping out on getting them chromed. Looks like a quick fix to me. My oppinion...

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I have seen several cars where the bumpers are painted SILVER.
IMO the silver would look good with the blue car.

B

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Im also on board with the chrome bumpers and buffed stainless trim.. Its stainless trim, you really cant beat that. The stuff stays nice forever. Be glad they put stainless trim on. And it buffs up to a nice satin (my fav) or further buffing to a polished sheen. Wont ever rust.

And too much can be too much. But they didnt come with alot of bright parts so its hard to go over board.

And I agree with the statement about painted bumpers. Looks kinda 90s pro street, all over body color. Not a bad look but IMO kinda plain. And it does show a certain amount of wanting to hide a bad bumper thats been banged up and filled with plastic filler then painted. More work to smooth a chrome bumper.

The best look?? A chromed bumper that has the bolts shaved and welded closed. And when I see that I know there has been alot of work done, specially if its smooth and the chrome is right. JR

1 - 16 of 16 Posts