Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The metal mounting clip I need is the one that was used to secure the Delphi 2-contact connector for the dome light harness to the metal at the top of the driver side kick panel. It slips into a slot on top of the 2-contact connector. I need it to secure a connector just like the one in the photo for another harness. Please let me know if you have one or know where I can buy a new one. Thanks. Sam

Automotive tire Hood Tread Bumper Automotive lighting Helmet Shoe Hood Automotive tire Sports gear Composite material Gas Cable Technology Auto part

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Not cheap but at least it's a part number. Fyi aptiv was previously Delphi ( and Packard)
Thanks for the link. Only problem is there is a 50 minimum. Dangit!
I was hoping one of the guys had an old harness laying around that would have one I could buy.
Thanks for the info on the name changes.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Rats! Sorry about that I did not notice that. I tried another go to spot but minimum order was 3500!

Did you try asking Schwabie?

·
Registered
109 Posts
stop at your local gm dealer and see if they have one in there repair kit. they have a cabinet full of repair parts for connectors

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zvillejw, I wish that was true where I live. A bunch of GM dealerships got shut down when GM pulled franchises
a few years ago. My nearest dealership doesn't have anything for older cars/trucks. Believed me, I've asked. I've
already been to three local junk yards but struck out. All old cars got crushed many years ago. I'm still hoping
someone who has upgraded their harnesses will have one.

·
Registered
1963 Chevrolet II Nova SS
678 Posts
I believe I have 3 or 4 62 -63 harnesses in my storage. Would it be on one of them? I could possibly go look this weekend if I get some free time.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i will check for one of these clips today. usually, just as i did on a recent 'vert dismantling, you pull the wires and leave the clip since the clip is fine, the wiring is bad.

-Rusty

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK guys, here is where that clip would be located. Not sure of any other place it might be on the full Nova harnesses.
The connector/clip attaches up on the pinch well right at the harness, I think. If you happen to find one and can snap a
photo of where yours is located it will also help me to install my connector in the correct place. Just a thought. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
OK guys, here is where that clip would be located. Not sure of any other place it might be on the full Nova harnesses.
The connector/clip attaches up on the pinch well right at the harness, I think. If you happen to find one and can snap a
photo of where yours is located it will also help me to install my connector in the correct place. Just a thought. :)
please find the annotated photo attached. not the greatest, but pulled away the kick panel board as well as possible. please let me know if you need anything else. my apologies: did not find one in my stash.

-Rusty
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design

1 - 10 of 10 Posts