Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an emblem to attach to the center section of a 68 console where it rises up between the 2 flat sections (see pic). Maybe a 66 grill emblem like part number 3874540 at Classic. Does anyone have one they could measure the height and width? The area on the console is about an inch high by 6 inches wide.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
the one badge that says CHEVY ll ? just measured 7/8 x 6''. but its not really flat, top is like 1/4'' an bottom is 1/2''. hope i didnt confuse you as it sits so the bottom is out more on the grill.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the one badge that says CHEVY ll ? just measured 7/8 x 6''. but its not really flat, top is like 1/4'' an bottom is 1/2''. hope i didnt confuse you as it sits so the bottom is out more on the grill.
Are you saying it's curved? That is if you lay it on a flat surface it wouldn't be flat across it? I wonder if it would flex. Probably not. That's a shame because it is just about the right size.

I planned to use the little bow tie emblem that comes on a plain console front plate mounted to the left of the cup holders. My son just printed the cup holder up. We had to do it in 2 pieces and glue them together. Then I think I'll finish it with body filler before painting.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
no its not curved. its flat just when its layed flat to top side is 1/4'' an the bottom is 1/2'' so the face lays so its upward. i guess that way so when its on a grill an you look at the badge you can read chevyll.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That Chevy II looks like it would be perfect. Now to decide if I want to drop $50 for one. Thanks for the pic.

If anyone has a different suggestion let me know. I would like it to read Chevy II or Nova. No SS as it's going in a 62 and I already have the bow tie.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
glad i could help ya.... you'll have to post up some finished pics. the badge i measured for you is on my spare grill i bought at a swap meet, grill an badge 50.00. i dont think the guy knew what he had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts