·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i drive a 1976 chevy nova 350 v8
my intake is a performer
my carb is a Rochester quadrajet 4bbl.. i think the year i saw on it was 1965

So all over one tiny bolt!
the bolt going through my altinator into my head snapped off, flush with the head...after snapping off a nitrate coated bit and the extractor off in the hole. my grandfather who is a machinist, drilled a new hole trough it all well we couldn't use that hole anymore... so i got smart and decided to just switch the heads around... well long story short i was succsessful at doing so and got everything back together and was about to turn the car on to adjust the rockers.

but when i tried turning it on the engine wasn't getting a spark, i fixed that. then it wasnt getting enough compression, fixed that. then it still wasnt working ...well.

i remembered i had turned the intake manifold which has a carberator attached to it upside down...my step dad sait that wasnt the best idea

BASICALLY MY PROBLEM IS - My carb isn't getting any fuel squirted into it.
could this be because i turned it upside down?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
When you turned it upside down, the float could have become stuck in the closed position not allowing fuel to fill the bowl. First verify you are getting fuel to the carb by having someone crank the car over and the end of the fuel line that hooks to the carb in a bottle to see if the pump is working correctly. If it is, try tapping very gently on the bowl to see if it knocks the float loose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts