Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
normally they are hard to see, if you seperate the handle and the thin piece of plastic behind it you can usually see them

to remove them, go to your local harbor freight and buy a tool for 5$ that you slide's right behind the crank handle and it pops the little pins right off, ive never had any problems doing this..

hope this helps

·
14,584 Posts
window cranks

The pin that holds the handle on is shaped like a horseshoe. The tool you use just slides behind the handle but in front of the plastic piece. You just push the tool in and rotate the handle if necessary and the clip should release the handle.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
A thin screw driver works just fine. Just pry one of the ends of the spring clip (horseshoe shaped piece of wire) off at a time, and then you can pull the handle off. Might need to rock the handle gently as it is on a ~knurled post.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Like was said, buy a tool designed for this. Trust me !!!! I have been playing with cars almost 20 years and have never seen door panels soo tight against the cranks like they are on our 65 wagon. Slide the $5-6.00 tool in, pop it with your palm and cha ching. Jim

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
I guess I'm the only one that 'ripped' the door panel material using that tool years back. :mad: .... Since then i just use a 'thin paper like rag' and slide it around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts