Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new her from norway, I have a 1970 nova that got some electrical problems, I have taken the harness out of the car and fixing it up.
My problem is that the car has been driven on the track for some time so alot of things are missins under the hood and some cabels are cut and taped over and I am trying to find out where does cables shuld go ?

Posting a picture of the car to ? no engine in the car on that picture but got my hands on a 454, all forced and new innside, 0,60borr 750DP on top, approx 630hp 800+nm on crank. Should be fun enough ?

In the light harness (if I am reading it right) it is

D-U BROWN
A-S RED/BLACK (or pink/black?)
B DARK GREEN
A-T BLACK
C-U DARK BROWN

Where shuld those cables go? ?

there is some picture of the cables to.

And I am SO SORRY for my bad English it probably sucks hehe ??

Attachments

·
6,643 Posts
Here are diagrams I got from another member and then broke out each individual circuit so see if this helps:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157690572160786/with/37683894464/

Once you get to a picture, hover over it and click on it and it should enlarge and be more readable.

What you have in your hand is what they call the bulkhead connector/fitting and if you lay out what color is what in what spot and next to whatever color or an open slot, then you can lay this out against the above diagrams.

An issue you might run into is if there have been upgrades to the car such as a non-stock distributor, non stock alternator, non stock starter, and so on so once you figure out what wire does what, then you might have to add in more info like type of ignition system, alternator, and so on.

Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, now I know what goes where. Nothing is original, distributor with built-in coil, alternator I dont know yet.

This car is in extreme good condition but it missing a lot of different part, much more then I knew when I bought it ?
To lose as much weight as possible they have thrown out the heater, even the panel and wires are gone, everything in the enginebay to, only the electrical for all the lights are there.

Tried to look up the vin-number online to see if I could find some history of the car, maybe a previous owner or something but I did not find anything.
I know the car was imported to norway in 2011 but I do not remember from what state and such.

Is it impossible to find when it been exported?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts