Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of QA1 rear shocks and am stuck on the install because they are different from what i took off. i have a 68 nova and everything to the best of my knowledge is stock. Did i recieve the wrong shocks? or could it be ihave the wrong leaf spring anchor plate :confused:

This is what came off

New QA1 shock

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That QA1shock looks like front shock to me, I am not a third gen guy :no: maybe someone will chime in:D
thanks but ya it's not the front shock (or at least it should'nt be) because i installed the front ones already. I did a coilover conversion on the front and now i'm stuck on the rear

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
It looks like you have a different lower plate than stock. The lower loop has a bolt that runs through a clevis on the plate - ignore the two vertical brackets on mine, they are for my traction bars.

I looks like you have some sort of aftermarket setup, and it looks upside down too when you think about it as a front shock. You should be able to score a couple of stock type brackets, they will be the same part number with one shock in front of the axle and the other behind.

Let us know how you come out.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Traction bars would be sweet if your not already running anything like that. and they replace that mounting spot and give you a couple options for your rear shock. Your shock looks right tho as far as the correct ends. I dont know about the length.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Yeap can put some CE traction bars and they have the plate welded onto them already.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just in case anyone is having the same problem I had I got the correct shock mount for the nova and everything bolted up perfect. I ended up going with the beefier DSE shock mount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts