Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum.
I bought a LT1 out of an 1994 corvette. I’m putting the engine into my nova and I having trouble finding out what kind of wiring harness I will need. I will have an 700r trans and after market gauges ( Fuel, oil pressure, Temp, speed,rpm) can some help point me in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just finished up my swap. Mine was out of a 95 trans am. I modified the stock wiring harness but if I had to do it again I would just buy a aftermarket one. Not hard to do but time consuming. Are you using a 7004r or 4l60e? The 4l60e is a electric speedo, so you will need a converter box. I used a AAW wiring harness for the rest of the car and a Dakota digital dash. I had to relocate the radiator neck on the drivers side down about half way on the tank for the mass air and duct work. Stock exhaust manifolds on my TCI front clip. Runs smooth and sounds good but haven't driven yet. Also you will need to delete emissions, vats and lower fan temps.

Hope this helps some. Great motors that can be bought dirt cheap!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Also your aftermarket gauges will work as the computer uses its own sensors.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The only problem with this swap is that tuning support for the pcm is dwindling, but apparently you can still get the Tunercats software to do the VATS and emissions deletes and do tuning yourself. Possibly the same dwindling availability with turn key wire harnesses.

No problem with modifying the engine harness to fit the car yourself.

The other problem you're going to have to solve is the accessory drive. Not sure that the F-body a/c compressor will clear the OE crossmember. The Corvette drive would cure that but may not clear the driver side inner fender.

If you are using the stock front clip you'll have to buy a Chevy II style pan that fits an 86 up block.

Considering this swap myself for my 67, as I have a 95 engine that I was going to use on another car but went LS3 instead.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only problem with this swap is that tuning support for the pcm is dwindling, but apparently you can still get the Tunercats software to do the VATS and emissions deletes and do tuning yourself. Possibly the same dwindling availability with turn key wire harnesses.

No problem with modifying the engine harness to fit the car yourself.

The other problem you're going to have to solve is the accessory drive. Not sure that the F-body a/c compressor will clear the OE crossmember. The Corvette drive would cure that but may not clear the driver side inner fender.

If you are using the stock front clip you'll have to buy a Chevy II style pan that fits an 86 up block.

Considering this swap myself for my 67, as I have a 95 engine that I was going to use on another car but went LS3 instead.

I have a tci front end. I won’t be running a/c. I live in southern Cali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
No problem getting the software if you want to tune the computer or you can send it off to some one. I did my own with Tunercat. You will need a laptop and cord to plug in your car which is OBD1. Here is a Guy that will tune it for you or he will rent you the cord to do it yourself. http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com. I have a TCI clip and I'm running the F body front accessories with air and stock lt1 oil pan. You will need to use regular motor mounts. The block will except both on the pass. side as the original lt1 mount is upside down. Check Ebay for wiring harness. Painless has one but the are pretty pricey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts