Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car to track last night 64 nova ladder bar koni da shocks I will be scaling car this week I do know the rear end is the square but don't know nothing about adjusting preload ect

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Took my car to track last night 64 nova ladder bar koni da shocks I will be scaling car this week I do know the rear end is the square but don't know nothing about adjusting preload ect
How are the shocks set and how did you set the LBs up when you set them origionally? How fast is the car?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How are the shocks set and how did you set the LBs up when you set them origionally? How fast is the car?
Shocks are set on 2&5 from soft on both shocks, I'm not sure how bars are set up I bought car as roller and it was set this way been 6.05 on motor so far

·
Banned
872 Posts
ladder bars

Unless u just like kill n time on this issue your having, there r a lot of chassis shops and self proclaimed race car builders out there, if u no of one that for real take it there an have it checked out, just my 2 cents worths.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The car may have been assembled with some preload on the drivers side..
there is an easy way to adjust this with out scales,.. if you have a few minutes..

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
1st adjust the coil overs so they are the same side to side, front coil overs also, if applicable.
With the car on the most level ground you can find, (on a car trailer even),
take the passenger side front ladder bar bolt out ... it may require you to muscle the car around a bit.
Now, put your race ready weight in the drivers seat.
typically what will happen is that the ladder bar on the passenger side will "drop".... in reality, the car is simply going to equallize itself on all 4 springs.
adjust the passenger side ladder bar untill you can put the front bolt back in by hand, & try it out... a small amount of adjustment may be required afterwards. , your results may vary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts