Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an idea on what i can do.I bought a 5 " Glasstec Fiberglass hood and now when i go to shut it the windshield wippers are in the way. Has anyone else had this problem.I have more of a problem on the passanger side then i do the driver's side.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Looks like the wipers wont funtion and the hood wont shut, looks like you need to trim off 1" of the cowl starting at the radius or get a different hood or forget the wipers.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Can we see a full side shot of the car?Just curious...why did you go with a 5" hood?Do yo have a blower or something?IMO a cowl hood that big ruins the beatiful lines of a 67...It just looks out of place....But on the other hand its your car!bm

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
You'll have to trim the trailing edge of the scoop to clear the wipers, or go to a pin-on arrangement to lift the hood off. A more involved solution would be to use a different type of hinge arrangement, or a foward tilt set up.

Be careful about driving when it's raining with that hood, a lot of water will make its way behind the scoop...just my experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts