Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have the wrong motor or what? I recently purchased a new blower motor and although it bolts into the box fine and accepts the squirrel cage fan okay it has the wire terminal in a different location........

....it is located on the mounting flange instead of coming off the side of the motor like the old one.....which incidently ran smooth as silk until I totaled it, but I really don't want to talk about it:eek:

....anyways when I try to mount it the terminal hits the firewall:mad: It looks like I could remedy it by drilling a hole (see blue tape) in the firewall but it is close the motor hole and it seems silly to drill a hole for the terminal to stick through and then turn around and run the wire through another hole back to the switch/resistor???

....was wondering what some of you guys have done or would do?

Thanks,
daymon

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Well i have searched every auto parts online i can think of and every one comes back with one thats just like the one you have. Fits 62 - 79 nova .

:confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Well i have searched every auto parts online i can think of and every one comes back with one thats just like the one you have. Fits 62 - 79 nova . I will look at mine in the morning and see what it looks like.

:confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Do I have the wrong motor or what? I recently purchased a new blower motor and although it bolts into the box fine and accepts the squirrel cage fan okay it has the wire terminal in a different location........
I noticed the same thing. It's not the right motor, even though several places sell it as such. You would have to relocate that terminal. I decided to go with an aftermarket a/c and heater set up, and deleted the stock blower motor hole.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did you find a blower motor???

I am having the same trouble and wondered if and where you found a proper fitting blower motor. I doubt we are the only ones. Let us know...Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts