Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These seats came with my 64 HT. Not going to use them but need to know if they are correct for this year or even Nova seats. Pics are only driver side
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Tread
Automotive tire Tread Hood Motor vehicle Wood
Automotive tire Chair Comfort Wood Rectangle
Musical instrument Hood Bumper Automotive tire Wood
Brown Bag Wood Rectangle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
1963 Pontiac Le Mans. you are in luck, though: Chevy II covers and seat foam fit. the purist can paint the inner spears, as these are not chrome on a Chevy II.

dig the thick black bushings under the seat brackets: they apparently are not on Chevy II seats, and not sure what their purpose is...extra height or cushioning? no clue.

the seat bottom brackets are not the same, sadly.

-Rusty

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rusty! I’m going to sell them just needed to know what they were. Didn’t want to false advertise or mislead anyone. Thanks for the info.

·
Vendor
2,441 Posts
dig the thick black bushings under the seat brackets: they apparently are not on Chevy II seats, and not sure what their purpose is...extra height or cushioning? no clue.
I have seen those rubbers on Nova seats before. May not have been used consistently. No idea on their purpose. Maybe to limit vibration or noise when adjusting the seat?

These pictures do help answer the seat track question with the small BOP cars. Clearly not the same. The seat tracks may be worth more than the seats separately. Funky looking pieces.

Someone definitely needs these seats. Looks like real solid cores (y)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I have seen those rubbers on Nova seats before. May not have been used consistently. No idea on their purpose. Maybe to limit vibration or noise when adjusting the seat?

These pictures do help answer the seat track question with the small BOP cars. Clearly not the same. The seat tracks may be worth more than the seats separately. Funky looking pieces.

Someone definitely needs these seats. Looks like real solid cores (y)
okay, that is intriguing info. poked around about them this on the site when I recovered the first one and...crickets. or at least no one had seen those washers on Nova seats. maybe just got lost in Threadland before those who needed to view it could.

very odd tracks, how the one side clips in like a '55 Chevy, and actually never thought to sell them. just assumed they were common in the Poncho world.

FYI, Poncho seat covers actually had a few extra listing rods that were missing from the Nova covers (PUI) that would have made installation much easier and more secure.

for the OP, my search yielded car of origin as LeMans and Tempest--maybe this will help get more hits. good luck!

-Rusty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts