Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started going through the boxes of trim pieces from the body shop and came across these:

They measure 30-inches long and about 1-inch tall

Anyone have an idea what these trim pieces are for?

·
Super Moderator
4,255 Posts
I do. They screw on to holes that should already be on the rocker panel. Two go on each side. Once they are on, you can hang the '66 rocker panel molding on them, and then screw on the underside of the aluminum rocker molding to the rocker.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do. They screw on to holes that should already be on the rocker panel. Two go on each side. Once they are on, you can hang the '66 rocker panel molding on them, and then screw on the underside of the aluminum rocker molding to the rocker.
Appreciate it! We filled in those holes in the rocker to smooth it out, so I guess these can be put in the B/S/T forum (unless they're worthless). Thanks!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
the rocker trim clips are different on a 66 sport coupe, it's like 5-6 single clips to hang the rocker trim an then 5-6 screws thru the bottom of the trim into the rocker panel. i'd hang onto those trim hangers with the rocker trim.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the rocker trim clips are different on a 66 sport coupe, it's like 5-6 single clips to hang the rocker trim an then 5-6 screws thru the bottom of the trim into the rocker panel. i'd hang onto those trim hangers with the rocker trim.
We have already done body/paint and have smoothed the rocker panels to eliminate the trim. Are these hangers no longer being produced?

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
We have already done body/paint and have smoothed the rocker panels to eliminate the trim. Are these hangers no longer being produced?

his........ i'll say originals are always the best, keep the hangers with the original trim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts