Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im almost out of school, 2 more weeks to go and i really wanted to start working on my nova, its been sitting for for a while now had her going a few months back but then another problem came about..im wondering if any socal members around me would be willing to help out? cause i cant afford to take my car to the shop every time i need something, im not rich but ive been saving as much money as i can and i have a good amount to start working on my car, this was me and my dads project car worked on her day and night then my father got sick and passed away :( so i haven't been able to work on her cause i know nothing on how to work on cars :eek:. if any members in socal are willing to help me id be greatful and very happy, this is my pride and joy im trying to fix for my dad to finish it and enjoy..so if anyone can please let me know...thank you

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would make a list of what needs to be done and then prioritize the items. I'm sure there are several of us willing to help, but each of us have different areas of expertise.
true i should list what i need to do. well the main thing is the electrical problem i have the battery draining while the car is off so if someone can help me check out the possible problems and the next thing is im gonna get some new headers so i need help installing them and what ever else you pros find wrong :yes:..i really want to work on my car with someone its my passion to but since i have no one i cant really work on it :(

·
Registered
247 Posts
true i should list what i need to do. well the main thing is the electrical problem i have the battery draining while the car is off so if someone can help me check out the possible problems and the next thing is im gonna get some new headers so i need help installing them and what ever else you pros find wrong :yes:..i really want to work on my car with someone its my passion to but since i have no one i cant really work on it :(
i can show you how to find the circit that the short is on....very easy trick and as far as the other things ie the headers what kind are they full lenth or shorties if full lenth we need to lift the engine a bit to fit them in......pm me if you need some help..

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can show you how to find the circit that the short is on....very easy trick and as far as the other things ie the headers what kind are they full lenth or shorties if full lenth we need to lift the engine a bit to fit them in......pm me if you need some help..
there gonna be full length headers still gotta buy them trying to decided hooker or hedmen..but if you can help me i would be forever greatful

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a great idea!!! Get a bunch of your parts and a list ready and we can have a Nova Party:yes::D
haha i would not mind an army of nova nuts helping me out, not to sound like a sissy but it would bring tears to my eyes to have people helping someone like me in need who cant do much on his own :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
haha i would not mind an army of nova nuts helping me out, not to sound like a sissy but it would bring tears to my eyes to have people helping someone like me in need who cant do much on his own :eek:
"Teach a man to fish and you fed him for life" We'll all show you!!!! If your not very mechanical maybe take a Jr College course.:yes: Buy yourself a Motor manual for your car it has good explanations! Chiltons are a dime a dozen and not quite as good. Sometimes the learn by doing method is a good teacher, but you need to pick your battles wisely.

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
"Teach a man to fish and you fed him for life" We'll all show you!!!! If your not very mechanical maybe take a Jr College course.:yes: Buy yourself a Motor manual for your car it has good explanations! Chiltons are a dime a dozen and not quite as good. Sometimes the learn by doing method is a good teacher, but you need to pick your battles wisely.

Well said! With a little guidance, doing the work yourself is how we all started!:yes: You have a lot of experienced helpers here, take advantage of that experience, roll up your sleeves, and let them guide you along to your new found independence:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
"Teach a man to fish and you fed him for life" We'll all show you!!!!

Buy yourself a Motor manual for your car it has good explanations! Chiltons are a dime a dozen and not quite as good. Sometimes the learn by doing method is a good teacher
ddoyle is not kidding about this statement i learned how to build motors at an early age from hotrod magazine, superchevy,carcraft,chevy highperformance, all these mags are available at local gas stations or grocery stores the clintons motor manuals are really good as well but what ever you need help with ask and you shall receive not only by memebers in socal but memebers on this site as well start posting in the catigories you need help with im sure someone will tell or possibly show you how dont be affraid to ask at all

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Where do you live, and do you have the place and the tools to do the work?
If you did then it will be easier for some one to come by and help out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
ddoyle is not kidding about this statement i learned how to build motors at an early age from hotrod magazine, superchevy,carcraft,chevy highperformance, all these mags are available at local gas stations or grocery stores the clintons motor manuals are really good as well but what ever you need help with ask and you shall receive not only by memebers in socal but memebers on this site as well start posting in the catigories you need help with im sure someone will tell or possibly show you how dont be affraid to ask at all
I did not know our X-PRESIDENT was a car nut?:eek::D

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya im looking in to getting all those books ive scanned through a few before and it was very very interesting and helpful..as for tools i have them but there a mess and im pretty sure i don't have some of the ones i need for some jobs. i live in covina which is right by glendora

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I make it out to the BBQ next Sun, maybe I can stop by and check out what you have going and let you know what you might need.
ya im going to the bbq for sure...ya not sure what i need but i know im getting new headers and exhaust bumper and a few other things on the outside but the main thing i need to engine help..if you can help me that would be great

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey, I'm down to help out with whatever I can. Motor, tranny, rearend, etc.
You name it and I've probably done it! :D
wow really? i have a few problems just about every where..engine tranny and a few other things..if your willing to help please do if u can i would be happy as hell

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
How old are you? still in HS or ? I can use a helper from time to time! Nothing steady. Its Construction / service work . Climbing laders, small spaces, very mechanical. In fact i could use someone tommorrow!!!!:yes: Lots of times i just call Labor ready when i need someone. Since my commercial door bussines has slowed down I also do Residential / Commercial Construction / Remodel of all types. Framing, Drywall, Electrical, Plumbing, Concrete and handyman type work. Give me a call David 909-821-6578. I also have lots of left over/ scrap Aluminum doors that can be scrapped out when ever you are available!! Its nothing Gloriuos, its usually hard or tedious work.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts