Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This helps hold the grill and headlight etc and I Have a new rad support for my 74 Nova and I cant find these anywhere! Noone makes them either and there are no parts cars around here Ive been able to locate. The ones from 72 and back wont fit I have a pair and they dont fit at all. Its the bracket right next to the headlight if anyone cant tell. idk if this is event he right place for this post Im new! :) any info is appreciated!

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Could you make them? And lets say even if you dont have a welder you might be able to form them from one piece of sheetmetal.

Before I got any tools I was able to do some creative sheetmetal work with a hammer, some heavy 2"x2" angle steel and some C-clamps. And even if you couldnt do it from one piece you might be able to make most of it from one piece and use fasteners to attach some other formed pieces to the main one if a welder is not available.

I learned the hard way (no money for proper tools) to fabricate parts that I needed using the most common of tools (hammer, drill and angle grinder and time).

Are they these pieces? The ends of the grille brackets?

If so they would be a fun lil sheetmetal project. If they are anything like mine on my 62 they could be hammer formed from one piece of sheetmetal.

Some good measurements will need to be made. It obviously would be much easier if you had the originals on hand to copy. But its doable without them.

Hope you find some or are able to make some. JR

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm

where at nightshade? and the ones on ebay are not facing the same way so its a bit hard to tell yet if its them. Also Im sure they could be made haha lots of hammering, I do have a welder i just got around august so Im stil learning that because I have to replace the tail light panel and the front floor pans then maybe quarter panels ahhhh I just wanna drive it already haha

·
5,142 Posts
hughie1987 and 1073nova355, used parts sales are to be conducted via PM or classifieds.
I listed both usernames so you would know who to PM.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
I have a few pairs of those laying around here....Pm me if interested.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok

Thanks for the pic novacane, where can I get the white clips in the rad support for the headlights, Ive bought the screws with them at autozone and advance autopoarts but the white part always seems to wiggle like its not a good fit. Also I pm'd you 67Nova but ti doesnt show the msg I sent in my messaging area idk whats up with that. Also pm'd nightshade too and doesnt show it

·
Super Moderator
12,008 Posts
Thanks for the pic novacane, where can I get the white clips in the rad support for the headlights, Ive bought the screws with them at autozone and advance autopoarts but the white part always seems to wiggle like its not a good fit. Also I pm'd you 67Nova but ti doesnt show the msg I sent in my messaging area idk whats up with that. Also pm'd nightshade too and doesnt show it
The software does not default to saving sent messages. If you want to save them you need to manually select it.

·
Registered
921 Posts
If anyone gets in a pinch looking for parts. Try Desert Valley Auto Parts (DVAP). They're on TV, and they have cars that go way back. They even have whole Novas. They're near Phoneix, Az.
But be fore warned...They like their parts, ALOT! Plus you'll have to add on shipping.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No nova parts place makes thm Ive searched everyone and talked to eveyone haha they have to be gotten off a donor car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts