Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a cpp factory style front disc kit for my 66 nova.the instructions is one sheet of paper with one picture of the caliper bracket mounting.it shows the caliper on the driver side to the right with the bleed screw at the top.my problem is the brakehose will not line up in opening for the banjo fitting.i can grind and cut the caliper to work the hose is hitting steering arm and spindle.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
i have a cpp factory style front disc kit for my 66 nova.the instructions is one sheet of paper with one picture of the caliper bracket mounting.it shows the caliper on the driver side to the right with the bleed screw at the top.my problem is the brakehose will not line up in opening for the banjo fitting.i can grind and cut the caliper to work the hose is hitting steering arm and spindle.
I am not sure of the problem, I installed the kit and did have this problem. The instruction are not very detailed, this write-up may help:
http://www.classicperform.com/tech_articles/Nova/Homepage.htm

Good luck,

Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mike that is much better info and picturs. it shows the caliper with the opening for the banjo hose pointing towards the motor my outlet faces the front of car. and my caliper brakets was not bagged l or r like picture.i thank mine was a return not used but thrown around from looks of it.maybe just a long trip.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
One thing on the brackets, make sure they are pulled all the way towards the back of the car. I had the problem where the bracket rubbed on the rotor and if you notice the bracket holes are a little larger than the bolts so pull the bracket to up and back so they don't rub.

Once it's together it works pretty well the only issue I have is one side seems like it vibrates when I am on the brake, I asked CPP about this and the suggested turning the rotors even though they are new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts