Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes,i know its another muffler question....anyways i have a 71 nova that right now has a 350 but we will be puttin in a built 406. I want to run 3inch pipe back and have mufflers with turndowns in front of the axle. I want somthin that is loud and sounds mean but not to loud inside. I was thinkin of either Flowmaster 50 series, Hooker aero mufflers, or Edelbrock SDT's. Anyone have any suggestions or other mufflers, i would appreciate it.
Thanks
Trent

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
My dad had some dynomax termaters on his 68 chevelle,.60 over 454,saganal 4 speed.Little expenseve but the best.He orderd the at advance.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
1963DUCE100 said:
Magnaflow all the way. Have them on two rigs, love the sound and performance.
I ran my Magaflows at the track last week and they registered 91.4db at the top end of the track at WOT. I was sorta surprised, since they do purr/rumble nicely at cruising speeds around town. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
1BAD71 said:
Jason, how loud are they and wut kind of tone do they have.
Thanks
Trent
Well, the cam i am running is a solid with 244-252 duration @ .050 and a 106 lobe center, compression is 10.2 with protoplines. It sounds really choppy and cackly, not tinny like flowmasters ,as for interior sound its 100 percent better than flowmasters(quieter) . I would say they are a little less noisy under wot also. I would say they sound inbetween a flowmaster and a straight thru like a bullet by dynomax.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone have any sound clips of the aero chambers or magnaflows.
I appreciate it.
Trent

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anyone tryed any pypes mufflers like the race pro or the violator. I was on there website and listened to some of the clips and they sound pretty good. Anyone using these ones?? Thanks
Trent

1 - 11 of 11 Posts