Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here a few pics of the current state of my Interior. I have options as to what direction i want to take with it But looking for Ideas / suggestions from you all. First of all i belive these are the original front and back seats / covers / i would lean towards just buying seat covers and new foam and just replacing the front bucket seat covers if i thought I could find a company that remakes the standard seat covers since mine is not and SS and I'd like to possibly keep the back seat as is since its in such good shape. Does anyone know if they are remaking this style seat cover? I did some research but came up with nothing. Another option is to simply have these seats recovered and have my upholstery shop match as best he can to the back and leave it as is. Another option would to be to use these seat frames but add new foam and enhance the bolstering on bottom and sides to have more of modern look and having both front and back done in a custom pattern. Yet another option would be to buy the Procar lowback ralley seats and install them as is and recover the back to match. Sorry for been so long winded here But just looking for some direction or different ideas . Just don't want to spend a ton of money on a high end custom Interior such as Shannon's Interiors But man he does some nice work. Looking to spend no more than 2k I already have dynamat, . and new carpet ready to install and just replaced door panels.

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy II nova Hardtop
3,918 Posts
Another option would to be to use these seat frames but add new foam and enhance the bolstering on bottom and sides to have more of modern look and having both front and back done in a custom pattern.
This would be my choice. You car has a subtle look almost what Chevy would have done if they had continued with this body style for a few more years. If you can pull it off people will be wondering if it was an option to have the bolsters and extra comfort in the interior. Also I think the retro look and modern comfort would improve your daily enjoyment.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Looking at your buckets and rear seat, I would say it is NOT a stock pattern.

Stock 67 bucket seats have a push button near the top outside of the seat. The seat is LOCKED in the standard open position. Once the button is pushed the seat will fold foward. I would say your buckets are from a 66 Nova OR another type of Chevy. Also the 67 SS interior had a WHITE plastic stripe down the center of each bucket and the rear seat had two matching stripes in line with the buckets.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looking at your buckets and rear seat, I would say it is NOT a stock pattern.

Stock 67 bucket seats have a push button near the top outside of the seat. The seat is LOCKED in the standard open position. Once the button is pushed the seat will fold foward. I would say your buckets are from a 66 Nova OR another type of Chevy. Also the 67 SS interior had a WHITE plastic stripe down the center of each bucket and the rear seat had two matching stripes in line with the buckets.

Bryan
WOW! I did not know these were not the original seats? I knew that i could not find another 67 with this style seat.Good to know! So all 67's had the white stripe down the center regardless if it were an SS or not? I kinda like this style no matter what it came out of:) If someone knows for sure what seat covers these are from please chime in, i don't think they are custom made?Thanks for the info i knew you guys would help me out ! Please keep the options coming Love to hear what you all have to say.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually now that i know these are not original seats anyway and Summit has free shipping until tomorrow I'm really considering going with the Procar Rally seat that is popular these days But i did not know they had a smoothback series thou it does not come without the headrest like i was going to get But what do you all think of this seat? Has a little different look to it than the regular procar rally seat. i know the headrest will stick up past the top of the door line but the more i look at it the more i like it or do you all think i should still go with the lowback rally seat

·
Registered
843 Posts
Totally my opinion, but I don't like headrests in a hard top car. It puts something in the "way", or distracts from the lines/style of the car.

I really like the procar low backs, but i would want to do custom door panels and cut pile carpet if i went that route. They look modern to me, I think they would look a little out of place. I don't know...

With the rest of your interior being mostly original in appearance, I would lean more towards recovering the seats with the white striped replacement covers.

Love your car by the way! I have this sickness for black cars...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Don't like headrests either, if you must, find rectangular ones. Wish my interior looked as good as your existing interior. I think your seat covers are Pontiac just from the style.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK Well, ding-ding we have a winner! These seats are out of a 66 GTO! Shows you how much I know! I have decided to stay with these seats and just have new padding with added bolstering to make them have a more modern feel and look to them! Its really the route i wanted to go all along . I met with Kenny Stephens from Stephens upholstery in Buford(Just 10 minutes from me on friday and he showed a 69 Camaro he was in the middle of doing and the seats looked incredible! Very excited about it and should be about a month before i take them over to him ! Going to add sound deadener and new carpet while he has them! Geez...I feel I can't make a decision to save my life sometimes! !:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts