Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the site, what an awesome forum! First post! Hoping someone can help me decipher my cowl tag for a car I recently purchased. The cowl tag is from a 1967 Acadian:

STYLE 718372-10-13

BODY NO. OS 822102

PAINT 9 EE

TRIM 216

D90-M35

·
14,011 Posts
Welcome to the site. Are you located in Canada? Here's a breakdown of your '67 Acadian cowl tag.

71837 - 7= Acadian. 1837 = V/8 Sport Deluxe

2-10-13 - plant/shift code...10th month (Oct/66)...13th day (as far as we know, this is the date the build started. Actual production date was usually 2-4 days after this).

Body # - OS (Oshawa, Ontario build plant)..822102 is the body sequence number.

Paint - EE is Deepwater Blue. Don't know what the '9' is. Could be the interior sheet metal color.

Trim - 216 is blue interior

M35 is powerglide automatic transmission. D90 is a mystery. Is it possible this is actually D99? Does your car have chrome trim strips at the bottom of the 'C' pillar (rear roof pillar going down to the fenders)?

You can get GM Canada Vintage Services documentation for your car showing all the original build info, options, engine size, selling dealer, etc. Go to the Canadian Owners Forum here on the site. The second 'sticky' from the top of the menu has a link to info on documentation.

Just for info, only 370 Acadian V/8 Sport Deluxes were built in 1967. Acadians were sold at Pontiac dealers in Canada, but are not Pontiacs. Acadians were a stand alone model sold at Pontiac-Buick-Acadian-Vauxhall-GMC Truck dealers in Canada. Acadians never had Pontiac badging and promotional material never contained the word 'Pontiac'. The whole thing was very confusing and you will find these cars registered as both Pontiacs and Acadians, depending on province.

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
67 Acadian

Thanks very much for the info and the replies. I am located in Virginia, I purchased this car from a friend who found it advertised years ago in Canada. He purchased it complete w/non original motor. It is an older restoration that still looks very good. I will post some pics when I can figure it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts