Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 67 doesn't have any bumper cores at all and I'm wanting to do a brushed nickel look on all the chrome on the car... So two questions who can I buy bumpers from that actually do their own plating? I ask bc we can just skip the last step in chrome plating and keep it brushed nickel. If not does any have any used front and rear bumpers to ship to Oregon that I can have brushed?

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
My 67 doesn't have any bumper cores at all and I'm wanting to do a brushed nickel look on all the chrome on the car... So two questions who can I buy bumpers from that actually do their own plating? I ask bc we can just skip the last step in chrome plating and keep it brushed nickel. If not does any have any used front and rear bumpers to ship to Oregon that I can have brushed?
Pretty sure most bumper companies will do any finish you want unless you plan on doing it yourself or you have a buddy that will do it to your liking.

John

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't sure bc I was just looking at companies like classic industries who get their bumpers for others... Where can I just buy some from actual plating companies?

·
Registered
142 Posts
you wont be able to buy them already brushed, and if you brush them correctly you will more than likely go through the chrome. It is not cheap to have done correctly, I have been quoted $500 each to have them done by one shop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts